Victory for the ginger-haired?

So do you think gingerism is an acceptable prejudice?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. So do you think gingerism is an acceptable prejudice?

• Yes
    • No

I personally would hate to be a ginger, I cannot think of a more discriminated, joked about or tormented collective group of people than gingers.

Many gingers in schools and work places have been driven to suicide or have been severely mentally scared becuase of the torment and bullying they receive, but yet there is no one, or group willing to take their feelings seriously.

Edited by Karis

My beard is ginger. And some of my relatives are ginger too.

I'm 50% ginner.

Can I be gingist?

No it's not. I am ginger and very proud to be ginger. I have been called ginger this, and ginger that since I started school.

I am not easily offended and mainly brush it off though.

I am gobsmacked when I see people get arrested simply for calling someone a black **** when I have been called a ginger **** a thousand times.

I couldn't choose my colouring any more than anyone else can.

Seems to be we are becoming the last group of people it is fair to have a pop at. That stupid politician who thought it was fine to use the term "ginger rodent" made my blood boil. I am sure if anyone quite correctly called another politician(not mentioning any names)a black bitch they would probably be arrested!!!

This political correctness malarkey sure ain't a fair one.

My beard is ginger. And some of my relatives are ginger too.

I'm 50% ginner.

Can I be gingist?

No you can't, but wanna help me start a Red Power movement? :)

I was persicuted for been a blonde male :(

But at least I wasn't a ginner :)

I was persicuted for been a blonde male :(

But at least I wasn't a ginner :)

I'm ginger, and have been persecuted. But at least I don't have brown skin.

Who made the worse comment? Me or retrogo?

I blame it on the Proclaimers and Mick Hucknal.

No it's not. I am ginger and very proud to be ginger. I have been called ginger this, and ginger that since I started school.

I am gobsmacked when I see people get arrested simply for calling someone a black **** when I have been called a ginger **** a thousand times.

Seems to be we are becoming the last group of people it is fair to have a pop at. That stupid politician who thought it was fine to use the term "ginger rodent" made my blood boil. I am sure if anyone quite correctly called another politician(not mentioning any names)a black bitch they would probably be arrested!!!

Yeah but your argument is invalid because gingers don't have souls.

I think anything is fair game if it's truly meant in a lighthearted way. I have no problem with ginger jokes, black jokes, Chinese jokes etc., as long as there's no malice behind it. Having said that, I voted no because 'prejudice' is something different to joking around.

Edited by Amaranthus

Where did gingerism suddenly spring up from? It was never an issue when I was at school in the 1960s/70s.

Women with ginger hair were known as redheads and considered exotically attractive, something that can be traced back to the era of Hollywood glamour and the Pre-Raphaelites.

Have you considered wearing a burka ?

Where did gingerism suddenly spring up from?

Billy Bremner.