Children ages 2 and 4, a lovely day out ??

Hi,

I am looking after my two nieces on Tuesday for the day and would like tips on where to take them, incorporating lunch. I don't think they (or me) care much for play centres, I am thinking parks, woods, streams, nature, wild animals etc..

Mud, rain, not a problem, I love Ecclesall Woods but they live nearby so would prefer something a bit different. Farm parks ? rural cafes etc etc.. any suggestions would be great, also any advice on botanical gardens, would that fit the bill ??

Thanks very much

What age are they? Took our 2 little ones to botanical on Saturday and they loved it. Explore the glass houses then feed the squirrels. Find the bear pit, the fountain and there is even a ping pong table!

Graves park is great though. Farm is free and nice, the park has all been done up recently and the cafe is good.

If the weather continues, the water park in mill houses is a real winner and the whole park is really well maintained plus the cafe is great, but not cheap.

Further afield, Longshaw is nice to explore and the playground at chats worth is pretty cool.

There are the Alpacas at Ringinglow (RInginglow and then turn left along Fulwood Road) but it isn't a full day.

New play area in Millhouses Park - see previous post.

There is also Heeley City Farm - hens, pigs, goats, sheep, a few smallish cattle. It's free.

Clifton park definetly u got the fountains play areas fair and the museum and most of all grass loads if it too burn there little energys off

Mine are the same age. As previous post, Graves Park is great - mine love the playground, the animals and a trip to the cafe.

Further afield is Yorkshire Wildlife park which is not bad, good to see lions!

Chatsworth is good, but think paying the entrance fee to the animal farm and childrens area is a bit much when graves park is free.

Alternatively Cannon hall is great too!

Mine are the same age. As previous post, Graves Park is great - mine love the playground, the animals and a trip to the cafe.

Further afield is Yorkshire Wildlife park which is not bad, good to see lions!

Chatsworth is good, but think paying the entrance fee to the animal farm and childrens area is a bit much when graves park is free.

Alternatively Cannon hall is great too!

Yeah Cannon Hall is great and keeps winning awards. Again, not cheap though. Ditto Wildlife park at Donny.

Guest sibon

The Botanical Gardens are lovely at the moment. I'd imagine that they would entrance anyone of any age. Take a picnic and take your time.

As an alternative, the Tropical Butterfly House in North Anston is a brilliant place for little kids.