Why should people visit Sheffield

Agreed. A great place to live, and no, you probably would not come here for your holidays. The quest for tourists is understandable as Sheffield has so few jobs, but its not Spain folks, Sheffield might need to re-invent itself some other way

reinventing is not a solution someone needs to be there to bring excitement.

Southerners should come to Sheffield to demonstrate to themselves that their existence in the south of England is not at all as bad as they thought ... as they look out on the urban decay here in Sheffield

As demonstrated throughout this entire website one of the largest negatives of Sheffield is the negativity of the people.

As demonstrated throughout this entire website one of the largest negatives of Sheffield is the negativity of the people.

quite agreed

The countryside is good! Although that means swerving sheff and heading out.

The shopping, landmarks, events, culture, food ain't great which Means It's not really worth a tourist visit I'd say.

If you had a visitor or someone asked where would you show them in the city centre? I know of obvious things like The Winter Gardens but what else? Pubs, restaurants, unique features, religious gaffs anything really.

Castle market area castle street ect, show em how Sheffields 3rd world lives.:hihi:

The countryside is good! Although that means swerving sheff and heading out.

The shopping, landmarks, events, culture, food ain't great which Means It's not really worth a tourist visit I'd say.

thanks that's what we are missing countryside always better option.

Erm, I would show them the Peak District. Lots of areas of natural beauty around there.

I wish the people who can't find anything good in Sheffield would **** off to somewhere more to their liking.

if the original question is still open,

people I used to work with temporarily that visited here for a week, travelled to the Peak District.

Just on the border of ?- if you're willing to travel.

For the opposite type of people, centretainment & meadowhell.