The Bernard Manning debate

Originally posted by SusieP

Then please share some of his material with us.

And I'd love to know of any past history between Manning and Asian waitstaff, or anything for you to have based that accusation on.

Sue, still not getting the over reacting

Well, here's exhibit A from the Sunday Herald online:

Manning to perform at BNP fest

By Neil Mackay

RACIST comic Bernard Manning is to perform at the biggest British National Party event of the year – the Red, White And Blue Festival.

His manager Chris Graham confirmed that Manning would be playing at the event between August 16 and 17 near Clitheroe in Lancashire.

Graham said: “I don’t see that Bernard playing the gig is a controversial move, surely it’s just the same as playing at a Labour or Tory Party event? It’s all work, isn’t it? Bernard doesn’t get politically involved. He’s not doing this as a favour.”

Graham said Manning was not a racist, adding: “Everyone is entitled to an opinion. People are fed up being told what to do and say in a free society.

“People can think what they want about Bernard, but this is not a political issue, it’s a paying gig. He doesn’t support any party, he keeps an open mind and will work with anyone.”

BNP leader Nick Griffin said: “This is a commercial decision by Bernard Manning. He’s deeply unpolitically correct and so are we, but I speculate that there will be plenty of jokes on us as well from him.

“Bernard’s style does include racist material. He’s got carte blanche from us. I’m sure he will stay within the law. If anyone feels offended then they don’t have to come along.”

Griffin defended Manning’s racist material, saying: “Britain’s PC-mania is pathetic. Nobody is hurt by a joke.”

The Red White And Blue Festival is both a political rally and “family day” for BNP supporters. Last year it attracted a crowd of around 1000.

27 July 2003

Sorry, what's this supposed to be telling me?

Sue, nonplussed

Sorry, what's this supposed to be telling me?

Sue, nonplussed

Very sorry, I assumed you were looking for evidence that Manning is a racist.

I didn't realise you just wanted to hear a good joke :)

You were incorrect, then. I was looking for:

1) examples of his jokes, to form an educated opinion regarding his racism

2) any past history between Manning and Asian waitstaff, or anything for Sheffielder to have based his/her accusation on.

Sue, tired

You were incorrect, then. I was looking for:

1) examples of his jokes, to form an educated opinion regarding his racism

2) any past history between Manning and Asian waitstaff, or anything for Sheffielder to have based his/her accusation on.

Sue, tired

If you like, I can quote an incident where Manning spotted a black women arriving in the club late and singled her out from the stage with comments like, "I didn't see you there, until you smiled".

That one any good to you?

mojo, mystified

I guess that it was quite a simple decision to cancel his show once somebody put two and two together.

I for one don't need any reminding of Manning's jokes to be enlightened as to what a bigot he is. The BNP stuff just confirms it (unless he has miraculously reformed and doesn’t know what the BNP is:loopy: )

Luckily people like Manning are doing their level best to kill themselves on our behalf. The sooner the better.

I think quite a few people may be a little bit blinkered where manning is concerned......

he does raise large amounts of money for charity,but then again people don't want to hear about that side of the man.

http://christie.man.ac.uk/PressRelease/2004/100204.htm

Notice that a few people have not heard any of his jokes,i suggest a night at his world famous embassy club in manchester.

you'll have a great night out

i stood and had a conversaton with him about football,he spoke of his love for manchester city (cracked the old joke about the new stand facing the wrong way....the pitch),his love for his 'dear old mam',told us where to go for a decent curry (and told us to mention him to siranja.(think that's how you spell it)...the restuarant owner who happened to be a good friend of his (this from a racist)....

i found him to be totally spot on !!!!

And did anyone see the documentry on him doing a number of shows in india.........??

must admit he did'nt go down very well (language problems).

'SUE'.......listen to some of his jokes here..................

MOD - link removed as site contains adult content not deemed suitable for this forum

"a joke is a joke"

All Bernard Manning is doing is an act...just like Roy Chubby Brown...I have black,indian and pakistani freinds so i'm no racsit...I like these comedians but everyone is diffrent and have diffrent tastes...If I dont like what im watching i turn the tv over its not that hard to reach for the remote....or should i just sit and watch something thats winding me up so i can come on here and moan about it?

and there is no bigger joke than Manning himself, no wait Chubby Brown too.....

so which comedian IS funny then..........

Oh I know its Tom O' Connor..............

Originally posted by mojoworking

Well, here's exhibit A from the Sunday Herald online:

Manning to perform at BNP fest

By Neil Mackay

RACIST comic Bernard Manning is to perform at the biggest British National Party event of the year – the Red, White And Blue Festival.

His manager Chris Graham confirmed that Manning would be playing at the event between August 16 and 17 near Clitheroe in Lancashire.

Graham said: “I don’t see that Bernard playing the gig is a controversial move, surely it’s just the same as playing at a Labour or Tory Party event? It’s all work, isn’t it? Bernard doesn’t get politically involved. He’s not doing this as a favour.”

27 July 2003

According to the SWP, Manning knew nothing of the booking and said he would not do it. See here.

Couldn't tell you whether he actually played there in the end as I wasn't there... not my scene!