Were you ever a fan of Dire Straits?

I used to love their first few albums in the 80s, until I heard Money for Nothing. I hate that album, especially the title song, and it somehow wiped out my liking of their earlier stuff. Now I can't stand 'em!

Absolutely always loved them, and Knopfler's solo stuff is amazing. Telegraph Road for me being their best track.

Never a great fan until I saw them live in 1992.One of the best evenings of my life !

You had better make sure your husband does nt read this post.

I was listening to an album of theirs recently which i hadn't played for a few years. I had forgotten how good they were.

I love Romeo and Juliette, and Brothers in Arms.

Its Tired Rats is an apt anagram of your esteemed group-some of their songs are direct rip-offs of the Stones and others;they certainly picked a handy name.I am afraid they suffer from the Staus Quo syndrome where they are too easily and readily recognised ie are formulaic in style.

Making Movies wasn't bad, but Brothers in Arms made me want to scream (and still does).

I much prefer Mark Knopfler's solo music for the film Local Hero or his later solo work, if I had to pick.

Why did Brothers in Arms make you want to scream? It was an anti-war song written at the time of the Falklands war.

Its Tired Rats is an apt anagram of your esteemed group-some of their songs are direct rip-offs of the Stones and others;they certainly picked a handy name.I am afraid they suffer from the Staus Quo syndrome where they are too easily and readily recognised ie are formulaic in style.

Thats just silly.:rolleyes:

Rock music for people who don't like rock music.Just like Meatloaf and Bon Jovi!

I don't like Meatloaf and Bon Jovi,i wouldn't compare them with Dire Straits,who are in a class of their own!

Thats just silly.:rolleyes:

Well you have done nothing to support your assertion which is as superficial as the music you revere.

Money for Nothing is an insipid version of Jackin Jack Flash,which you have no doubt failed to detect.It is overlaid with horrible synthesisers.It is top rank.

I don't like Meatloaf and Bon Jovi,i wouldn't compare them with Dire Straits,who are in a class of their own!

Well you are right about their being in a class of their own:hihi:third-class and dropping.

Well you have done nothing to support your assertion which is as superficial as the music you revere.

You can be very grumpy and disagreeble sometimes,you really should get more early nights.:hihi:

You can be very grumpy and disagreeble sometimes,you really should get more early nights.:hihi:

I was in bed when I made my post,so its not lack of sleep-its the fact that my neighbour thinks Mark Knoffelburger is a musician,and has a loud stereo system.I eally dislike

Stirred Rats or Sired Tarts if you prefer.

The reason why not everyone may have made the connection between "Jumping Jack Flash" and "Money for Nothing" is because there are dozens of songs with a similar guitar riff over a similar beat.

Personally I really dislike silly puns.

Edited by FANAdeLdF
typo