Help needed for healthy recipes - for an event

I'm looking for heathy recipes for an Event i am holding in October.

Ideally, low fat reduced sugar, cakes, biscuits fruitcakes etc.

I am opening a personal training 1-1 studio in Lodgemoor with marquee refreshments and more and i'd like to show guests alternatives to high fat high sugar treats. Game i.e guess the calories per item

If anyone could help me that would be fantastic. please Pm me or vit the website for my details.

Further info below.

New 1-1 personal training studio opening in Lodgemoor.

Kate Campbell Professional Fitness.

Personal Training for Everyone

Home/studio/work/park

Saturday 6th October

11am-2pm

54 Rochester Road

S10 4JQ

Come along rain or shine and join the FUN

Marquee, refreshments, kids corner, prizes and more..

Bring your trainers and join in - free workout

Men's Bootcamp challange

womens 321 workout

Mixed event my famous plank off!

Zumba Fitness with a twist!

Take advantage of the 20% saving in September and October.

Availability LIMITED

If you're the personal trainer aren't you supposed to be the one telling us what recipes are healthy??!

I'm interested to know where the marquee is actually going to be!

Yes as a personal trainer - I'm well aware of what makes recipes healthy however, as this is a food group - you are the ones best placed to support.

I'm looking for helpful responses and possibly support on the day of the event.

My idea is to take the classics and turn them into healthy alternatives. For example Victoria sponge - reduce the sugar and butter and calories will be reduced. On the day I would like to have a competition guess the calories.

Unfortunately I'm not a good cake baker!

Why not attend the event and you will see where the marquee will be.

Just wondered if it was going to be on the grassy area across from the shops seeing as I live there. And we have previously tried to get permission to hold events on that grassy area with not much success which is why I was curious to know if that's where your marquee is going to be and how you got permission to put it there!

Edited by irenewilde

Can't believe you are so cheeky as to ask other people to do your work from you whilst you promote your business & benefit using our ideas!!!

So far Bluegirlblue - I am totally amazed by the lack of support for a great way of continuing to eat foods we like. I take it you have no good ideas re healthy foods and Don't wish to help!

Some people are willing to share ideas, help and support. With this being a food group it would have been much appreciated. Many people enjoy creating different recipes and are happy to help.

By the response of some, you included i feel upset and deflated.

With or without help by the foodie group - my event will be fun, informative and with the support of others - my competition will be a success.

As for being cheeky - grow up!

I genuinely thought people would support and give advice.

Can't believe you are so cheeky as to ask other people to do your work from you whilst you promote your business & benefit using our ideas!!!

I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought that. I also thought promoting businesses by posting across several sections on the forum was against the rules.

I think what cmw1 was trying to achieve from posting on the forum was ideas about what low fat recipes people are most popular and what us guys rate the most from our own personal experiences to make the most of the event they are trying to run :)

I do not think she was posting to make life easier or to get us to do the work for them!

Come on guys lets be a bit chilled about things! x

Thank you lollipop :-)

Hope its every success ill try pop down and see the event! Dont let negative comments get you down. Ive got a few recipes ill email over :) a yummy wholemeal cake so simple but so goood!

Hi lollipop. Thank you that will be great. I've got some fab friends who are happy to bake. Will be nice if you could join us. :-)