Sheffield Breweries all getting together

The slow, treacly encroachment of the thick black imperial stout forces can't be far away...

5AM Saint was a lot better when they still produced it on cask. It's nothing like as good on keg.

To be honest I've hardly touched Brewdog beers this year. Like a lot of people I have a few issues with their marketing and the way they do business, but ultimately I find their draft beers over-priced and I'd rather buy bottled beer from a good off-licence. That means I consistently pass over Brewdog's wares in the big Tesco in Chesterfield to stock up on Buxton and Marble beers in the Beer Parlour down the road.

I bought 4 bottles from the Beer Parlour last night - 2 Buxton (Axe Edge) and 2 Marble (Ginger). How's that for coincidence!

Can't disagree with any of that really. I think my favorite regionally - at the moment! - is Summer Wine or Acorn. I really enjoy Acorn's American style beers they've been producing recently. My favorite brewer nationally has to be Brewdog, their bar in Nottingham is glorious. Probably the brewer who is doing most to push new styles and innovations.

where's the Brewdog pub in Nottingham? Do tell! I like that brewery!

where's the Brewdog pub in Nottingham? Do tell! I like that brewery!

It's about 5 mins walk from the Station on Broad Street. It's well worth a visit! As expected it is Keg only but they have a few guest beers on, I had a Mikkeller 1000ibu on tap (which was washed down with a nice refreshing glass of punk!) as well as a few Brewdogs. They seem to have a partnership or beer swap going on with Mikkeller and Flying Dog, both excellent breweries as well. The bar isn't much to write home about in the sense that it's not exactly comfortable and it's too bright but you really go just to sample some unusual beers. We also had a shot of Sink The Bismark! for £5 which is highly recommended just for the experience!

What was this event like? I was working unfortunately otherwise I'd have liked to have paid a visit. I hope it was a success, it seems like a fantastic way to show off our excellent breweries.

Choice of beers very good,had a couple of Farmers IPA,down side is plastic type glasses,it never tastes a s good in these.

Ah, the eternal curse of the plastic beer receptecle. I totally agree about the taste not being the same, I am snobby about using the correct type of glass so to me plastic is criminal. Still I guess that is the price you have to pay at events like this. Glad there was a good range, lets hope it was busy and popular.