Have you been screwed over by your Medical Practitioner

This now must go down a legal route

Edited by strangeart
Now to go legal

Post script. Itruth will out one way or another, Fire away!

Edited by strangeart
shortened paragraph

Post script. I should say I work within medicine (PT)..shoot me down sugars because truth will out one way or another, Fire away!

Not sure what my bold means, But can you not read your own medical records.You being in Medicine.

This is the kind of thing the data protection act is ACTUALLY for. You have every right to see any file kept on you, and of course you can take legal action against the person committing libel in this fashion

Oh, and you should have access to a free legal advice line via your household insurance policy

Thanks all..but I will sort this, as legally as possible(GOD RUBBER GLOVES PLEASE) Now, I want to open up this debate and find out who else has this happened to,

Edited by strangeart
condense the message

This is the kind of thing the data protection act is ACTUALLY for. You have every right to see any file kept on you, and of course you can take legal action against the person committing libel in this fashion

Re Having a right to any file 'kept' on you.

Not if a professional decides it would be detrimental to your health. :)

Interesting on SkyNews this morning. It has been revealed today that complaints to the General Medical Council were up 23% last year! Yes, you read it correctly 23% - and that the majority of these complaints were about GPs!

Niall Dickson, Chief Executive, for the General Medical Council said 'This may not be a bad thing' and that it could just be that people are getting the hang of the system, how to complain, etc

Talk about burying your head in the sand!

I reckon for every 1 that complains there are at least 10 that don't as they are afraid that there will be some sort of repurcussions for them.

I complained about my surgery still using an 0845 number and I got the 'cold shoulder' from reception staff for a while.

I am reluctant to complain now about something that is ongoing at the moment.

Blackbrook Surgery must have the following Code Of Practice:

Because Lodge Moor is awash with the retired, most of whom have all day, all week, and all month on their hands, be expected to be delayed at least an hour before you see your doctor;

Because Lodge Moor is awash with the retired, most of whom have all day, all week, and all month on their hands, the majority suffering from the sniffles, please don't expect to be seen to this side of Christmas;

Customers will not be told there is a delay of one hour, three hours, six hours* (*delete as applicable); Be expected to sit there like lemmings;

Customers will wait in a non-descript, boring room which is so quiet it makes a morgue sound like a funfair.

If you have a child who is ill: tough;

Customers are advised to send smoke signals as we can't be arsed to pick the phone up.

Edited by Ousetunes

GP's in the past never seemed to be accountable. Not so now. I think patients have a right to complain, you would if you had bad service in any other walk of life. Time was that you took the GP's word as law. We all know our own bodies and if you are not satisfied with what the dr tells you, you have every right to question it. Perhaps I am lucky with my surgery, not had to complain (well apart from the 0844 number fiasco!!) not to say I won't though.

Not sure exactly what this thread is actually about. Can anyone explain?

Not sure exactly what this thread is actually about. Can anyone explain?

Just what I was thinking.

It appears the first part of the thread has disappeared...............