Any Bolsovers in and around Sheffield.

Hi, my maiden name was Bolsover, I went to Hinde House School, I left in 1975. My dads name was Percy Archibald, dob 19/12/1912. We lived around Shiregreen/Darnall area.

Edited by SEYMOURCJ
Typo

Hi, my maiden name was Bolsover, went to Hinde House, left in 1975. My dads name was Percy Archibold, dob 19/12/1912. Lived around Shiregreen/Darnall area.

my grandmas dad was percy archibald too, you cant be her tho she died a fair few years ago Oo

hang on, you meant grandad?

great grandad?

he cant be dad, theres a gret difference between 1912 and 75????

my grandmas dad was percy archibald too, you cant be her tho she died a fair few years ago Oo

hang on, you meant grandad?

great grandad?

he cant be dad, theres a gret difference between 1912 and 75????

He was my dad, he was born in 1912, died in 1990

He was my dad, he was born in 1912, died in 1990

Hmmm must be a different percy archibald bolsover then lol

Cos the one im related to, charlie peaces grandson, died in 1969 i believe, aged about 78

I was born in 69, so thats why i dont remember him, just a great grandma bolsover

Well I am a Bolsover, my father is David and he had a brother - Phillip - and a sister - Sheila. They were brought up on the Littledale estate near Darnall. My dads cousins were Jim and Derick Bolsover brought up in the same place. My dad now lives in Handsworth and runs a photography business. I was brought up in Norfolk Park and Handsworth but have now left the City. My grandparents names were Doreen and Frank Bolsover. Frank had a brother, his name escapes me, who actually married Doreens sister, Pauline ( 2 brothers married twin sisters), the odd thing about that is that when my dad married his second wife, his brother also married her sister.
Take it it was greenwood avenue just round corner from close.

Use to be a Gillian Bolsover that lived on I think 51'sh Langsett Road and would have been about 14 in 1958.

My great grandmother married George Berley (Birley)Bolsover 1897- their son John Bolsover went onto have Hilda, Lily, John, Arnold and Ronald. Seem to remember visiting them in Burngreave area in the 1950's.

Hi,

George Berley Bolsover was my great great grandfather. John Bolsover was my great grandfather and Hilda was my Nan. As far as I am aware Hilda's siblings are Lily, Ronald, Kenneth, Alan and John. Hilda's husband was called Arnold, maybe that's who you mean.

I knew a mick Bolsover,lived near the highway pub in pitsmoor late sixties to mid seventies

Welcome to the forum rocklobsters, I used to visit Auntie Hilda and her brother John and his family with my Mum and Dad. Hilda lived on Hillfoot Bridge and then Woodhouse. What is your connection?

Thanks smary. Hilda was my Nan (my dad's mum). I remember her living just off Silkstone Road around 30 years ago and then she moved into a bungalow at woodhouse.

If Hilda was your Auntie, that would make you my dads cousin.

Sent you a PM rocklobsters

Thanks smary for your message. Unfortunately I'm too new to the site to be able to PM you back

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 08:07 ----------

Thanks smary for your message. Unfortunately I'm too new to the site to be able to PM you back.

I am one of Roger's sons. You must have met him as a child

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 08:08 ----------

Sent you a PM rocklobsters

I'll PM you back once it lets me

Edited by RockLobsters