Limage Family Search

Trying to help Clocker find a marriage of Isabella Baird to George Limage. The 1911 census has them married for 15 years but I haven't been able to find them - hopefully you will come up with something.

I also couldn't find this marriage. As Isabella was born in Edinburgh, perhaps the wedding took place in Scotland and so will not be in the England & Wales index. Assuming that Isabella's maiden name was Baird (which she kept as a middle name after marriage) the 1891 census for Scotland shows an Isabella Baird of the right age in Edinburgh (a dressmaker living with her widowed mother and three siblings).

yes hillsboro I am having a similar problem - perhaps they never married! Clocker did say there was some link with Scotland. I did find an Isabella in Southampton but born Scotland and wonder if that was her. Its such a common name it will be hard to find the right one

yes hillsboro I am having a similar problem - perhaps they never married! Clocker did say there was some link with Scotland. I did find an Isabella in Southampton but born Scotland and wonder if that was her. Its such a common name it will be hard to find the right one

There was many times where there was mention , by my mother , of a link to Scotland . Unfortunately she passed away just a month ago so I cannot do any follow up on this . I have one uncle still alive ( Les Limage ) but I'm not sure he can help with of this . I will ask however .

There was many times where there was mention , by my mother , of a link to Scotland . Unfortunately she passed away just a month ago so I cannot do any follow up on this . I have one uncle still alive ( Les Limage ) but I'm not sure he can help with of this . I will ask however .

Dead end on the Scottish link . The only one ( my mother ) who seemd to remember anything in this regard passed away last month .

Edited by clocker

Hi Hillsobro - just to let you know Rootschat Canada have found the marriage of George Limage to Isabella. I found George and brother Fred on the passenger lists coming from Canada in 1895 so thought it maybe worth a look in Canada for the marriage and eureka!

The return of Fred and George to the Uk was paid for by my Grandmother Fred Limage's Wife Emily ne Oscroft Brothers Wife.  Alice Zenobia Oscroft.  I believe Frederick Oscroft and his sister were very close.  My father was always talking about his auntie "Ems".  My understanding was that Emily was very unhappy but gave it a shot.

In the 1871 Census I noted Eliza Limage ne Mitchel widow of James Limage Policeman