Do you think some people have to make a noise when they eat?

Strange topic I know, but I went out for a meal with a friend and they brought someone with them that not only made an awful "clacking" noise when eating but also ate with their mouth open :gag:

Now is there a medical problem here or is it just bad manners, or can't they eat any different. This person isn't a child, but a middle aged person.

Put me right off my dinner! :(

There are plenty of people with bad manners, but there are also people with colds or sinus problems who can't breathe with their mouths shut.

You can only work out whether they just have bad manners if you know that they don't suffer with a medical problem.

Really does annoy me this. Who want's to see some else's chewed food. Put's me off eating.

Actually my sister makes my stomach churn when she eats, it's like watching a cross between Alex Furgussen chewing gum during a match and a washing machine, but much noisier. She doesn't have dentures and doesn't have 'mouth problems'...She's blissfully unaware of doing it!...Fortunately, it's a very rare occasion I have to suffer it.

It's absolutely dreadful, and I'm afraid a bit of a phobia with me! :rant:

Actually my sister makes my stomach churn when she eats, it's like watching a cross between Alex Furgussen chewing gum during a match and a washing machine, but much noisier. She doesn't have dentures and doesn't have 'mouth problems'...She's blissfully unaware of doing it!...Fortunately, it's a very rare occasion I have to suffer it.

Yes I think it could be a bit of a phobia with me :gag:Fancy having to live and eat with someone like this..

Mind, if it's as the OP said and it's sinus problems then that's a shame, though maybe something could be done about it medically..

Any doctors out there :)

Really does annoy me this. Who want's to see some else's chewed food. Put's me off eating.

Thankfully this was a one off, I couldn't sit at the same table very often..:(

Strange topic I know, but I went out for a meal with a friend and they brought someone with them that not only made an awful "clacking" noise when eating but also ate with their mouth open :gag:

Now is there a medical problem here or is it just bad manners, or can't they eat any different. This person isn't a child, but a middle aged person.

Put me right off my dinner! :(

If she's paying she can fart too.

Yes I think it could be a bit of a phobia with me :gag:Fancy having to live and eat with someone like this..

Mind, if it's as the OP said and it's sinus problems then that's a shame, though maybe something could be done about it medically..

Any doctors out there :)

I wouldn't mind but my sis is by no means ummmm...poor or ill educated. In fact she's the most highly qualified (educationally) in our family. She's been all over the place and eaten in some of the best restaurants in the country and abroad. It's totally baffling!

Like you say, if she's unaware how is she supposed to do anything about it?

Too many people nowadays are on a short fuse and are all too quick to judge others 'faults'.

If finding fault with other people makes a person feel better about themselves then it's probably that person that has the problem.

We all have annoying habits that we are not aware of - that's what makes us human.

If it bothers you that much, why not have a quiet word?

If only people could learn to be more tolerant of others ... but that's another thread ... :(

Anyone ever died from watching someone eat with their gobs open, no - didn't think so. Get a life may be a good response.:huh:

Angel.

Like you say, if she's unaware how is she supposed to do anything about it?

Too many people nowadays are on a short fuse and are all too quick to judge others 'faults'.

If finding fault with other people makes a person feel better about themselves then it's probably that person that has the problem.

We all have annoying habits that we are not aware of - that's what makes us human.

If it bothers you that much, why not have a quiet word?

If only people could learn to be more tolerant of others ... but that's another thread ... :(

Actually, I have told her about it, and she says ooops sorry, but then five mins later starts again. So it's not like she hasn't been told...I guess it's just a bad habit she got into at some point and finds it impossible to stop.

I am usually very tolerant of most things...but everyone has a button that someone pushes to make us lose it!....and anyone who say's they don't are telling porkies!