New Lotus Safety Shoes:Made in India?

On 06/09/2012 at 12:36, scottf said:

I'm afraid that's the way of the world nowadays- we do all the clever complicated design stuff using our experience then ship it off to another country with a cheap labourforce to produce- just look at Dyson hoovers!

Dyson don't make hoovers.

Hoover make hoovers.

2 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Dyson don't make hoovers.

Hoover make hoovers.

But you can still hoover up with a Dyson vacuum cleaner. 

6 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

But you can still hoover up with a Dyson vacuum cleaner. 

Nah, Hoover is the brand name and not the way it works.

Oh god, this could turn into some Escher type thing. here.

People must be asked....  do you conduct an internet search or do you just "google" it these days.

I pick my safety shoes from manufacturers based in Scandinavia. They cost a fortune, but since I am not paying, it really isn’t a problem. But at least I and not supporting cheap labour. 

8 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

I pick my safety shoes from manufacturers based in Scandinavia. They cost a fortune, but since I am not paying, it really isn’t a problem. But at least I and not supporting cheap labour. 

Who are they then, just out of couriosity - I’m always on the lookout for decent safety boots. I was going to try and buy British but choices were limited. I bought one pair a few back and they were too uncomfortable so they went back. 

But the OP, back in 2012, does make a point. There’s a lot of companies who aren’t that transparent on where their products are made.

28 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

Do you only do that when you're not paying, or all the time?

11 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

But the OP, back in 2012, does make a point. There’s a lot of companies who aren’t that transparent on where their products are made.

Vauxhall do it now in their advertising 'British brand since blah de blah' . Worded truthfully but a bit sly...

Edited by woodview

25 minutes ago, woodview said:

Do you only do that when you're not paying, or all the time?

Vauxhall do it now in their advertising 'British brand since blah de blah' . Worded truthfully but a bit sly...

Well at least they make some of their cars here.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

Well at least they make some of their cars here.

Quite true. It implies to those not in the know they are British cars, but it has more truth than the OPs example.

On 12/01/2019 at 15:13, apelike said:

Nah, Hoover is the brand name and not the way it works.

Nah. Hoover is a verb as well as a noun, so it's perfectly possible to hoover up with a Dyson vacuum cleaner.