Does anyone know where I can buy a gollywog

Isn't WOG the propper term though, a Western Oriental Gentleman, I mean what exactly is Racist about being called that? :huh:

..because the term was used derogatorily and was never accurately applied to Western, Oriental Gentleman in the first place.

Isn't WOG the propper term though, a Western Oriental Gentleman, I mean what exactly is Racist about being called that? :huh:

I actually think that abbreviation never existed but even if it did, it's certainly offensive now and if you seriously believe it's acceptable to use that word, you want looking at!

Edited by BobbyDazzler

I am looking for a gollywog soft toy/keyring/badge does anyone know a place that sells these?

Thanks

Oh I see

I can't think of any other term for them to be honest

There's as many as you like on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=gollywog

I am looking for a gollywog soft toy/keyring/badge does anyone know a place that sells these?

*Random words to make up 10 characters*

They sell gollys all over the place in york!

Most tourist towns sell them - especially in Yorkshire for some reason.

Morning blade, I'm afraid I have to disagree, the racial slurs associated with gollywogs came long before the 'do good brigade' became involved..I remember being tortured at infant school (a thousand years ago) because of it, along with 'Little Black Sambo'. Prior to that I happily read all the Enid Blyton books, or had them read to me, without a problem at all.

BF I'll rephrase I never used them in the way described, I know what you mean and sorry at what you got called, children are the cruelest of the lot. I never viewed them as offensive anyway, I remember the Blyton books also m8.

Didn't mean to upset as well you know

BF I'll rephrase I never used them in the way described, I know what you mean and sorry at what you got called, children are the cruelest of the lot. I never viewed them as offensive anyway, I remember the Blyton books also m8.

Didn't mean to upset as well you know

They would have been a lot better dressed up in blue & white stripes Bpb! No problem btw and no apology necessary :)

I bet carol thatchers got a couple you could have.

I bet the OP has no intention of purchasing one.