Does anyone know where I can buy a gollywog

I am looking for a gollywog soft toy/keyring/badge does anyone know a place that sells these?

Thanks

Oh I see

I can't think of any other term for them to be honest

Edited by Del_Boy

Dont think you suppose to call them that no more!!!!

The antique shop at Elsecar heritage centre had some figures & badges when I was there about 3 weeks ago.

shop in Matlock has loads, but also have a lot of bnp stuff aswell

Thanks for the info fine people of sheffield

Will see if I can purchase one and get home before the angry mob with fire torches and pitchfolks get hold of me

Thanks for the info fine people of sheffield

Will see if I can purchase one and get home before the angry mob with fire torches and pitchfolks get hold of me

There was never an issue with gollywogs, Del_Boy, t'was the 'angry mob with fire torches and pitchforks' who imbued him with racial overtones ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H3erpBtSis

There was never an issue with gollywogs, Del_Boy, t'was the 'angry mob with fire torches and pitchforks' who imbued him with racial overtones ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H3erpBtSis

Hey up BF golliwogs were great, we NEVER saw them as a slur on black people, they were just something that was on the side of jam jars. Its the do good brigade m8 as usual, that go looking for problems where there were none.:):):wow:

Hey up BF golliwogs were great, we NEVER saw them as a slur on black people, they were just something that was on the side of jam jars. Its the do good brigade m8 as usual, that go looking for problems where there were none.:):):wow:

It's far more likely it was the Daily Wail brigade who dreamt up the so called problem; it's not as if they haven't got a history of writing bo11ocks.

They are just called gollys now, they did away with "wog" because of its racist links.

Morning blade, I'm afraid I have to disagree, the racial slurs associated with gollywogs came long before the 'do good brigade' became involved..I remember being tortured at infant school (a thousand years ago) because of it, along with 'Little Black Sambo'. Prior to that I happily read all the Enid Blyton books, or had them read to me, without a problem at all.

They are just called gollys now, they did away with "wog" because of its racist links.

Isn't WOG the propper term though, a Western Oriental Gentleman, I mean what exactly is Racist about being called that? :huh: