World's richest women thinks people should work for $2 a day

Lots taken out of context in the writing up of the article... not surprising really. BBC News articles are becoming more like the Guardian by the day.

She didn't say that, nor imply it (in the video which is the evidence that the article quotes).

These are two different issues, but as for the bold: I didn't hear her say that either, nor imply it. She said...

Which seems reasonable. Our own countries manufacturing/mining can't compete with the Far-east and Africa, so I fail to see how Aus can.

The commentator then said...

(I didn't her say that in the video, or anything even close to that)

the PM said...

I can't see any relation in the article and video supplied by the BBC.

-

They made a meal of 'Australians would be richer if they smoked and drank less', which might be individually accurate, probably isn't true as a whole [in the short term], as so many people are employed in these businesses.

-

I'm sure they do.

They could perhaps buy them out.

Seems fairly accurate to me. Not much different to other westernised countries.

Thats bang on!

Good post.

Thats bang on!

Good post.

It's not though is it.

The trouble is, though, can the Africans even live on $2 a day?

In Africa they can.

Her father was such a lovely fellow as well.

What a nob.

Yeah, put them all in one place if that helps but sterilising them is almost as bad as genocide.

It's not though is it.

Why isn't it?

I posted everything that she said in the video, and everything that was written in the article, and was said by the commentator and PM in the video.

They don't match.

Can you not see the difference between...

'World's richest women thinks people should work for $2 a day' (thread title)

'She said Africans willing to work for $2 a day should be an inspiration' (taken from the write up)

and...

'Africans are prepared to work for $2 a day, such statistics make me worry for worry for this countries future' - which is what she actually said?

Can you not see it Bonzo? I'm not defending the woman, I am criticizing journalism. People are influenced by journalism, so when they write things out of context, it brings on a storm of ignorance. Most newspapers do it, I was annoyed that the BBC drag themselves so blatantly obviously into this method. Maybe it's the only way to get attention.

Edited by *_ash_*

It must be nice to be handed a multi-billion dollar empire on a plate when daddy snuffs it, but I can't imagine many real business people have much respect for her.

It must be nice to be handed a multi-billion dollar empire on a plate when daddy snuffs it, but I can't imagine many real business people have much respect for her.

Jelous, much?

Jelous, much?

No, not really.............you obviously think the sun shines out of her unmentionables, though!

No, not really.............

Yes you are.

This proves it.

you obviously think the sun shines out of her unmentionables, though!

Yes you are.

This proves it.

No, I'm not and no it doesn't.

I just pointed out that I disagree with her comments and that you would, quite clearly, wipe her backside clean.