Tarantula in my garden!!

Your own fault for letting big cobwebs like that grow near your garden gate. :)

I hate spiders but get rid of the cobwebs before a spider sets up home.

Id not hate them as much but they have never killed the copious amounts of moths, flies and wasps that find their way into our house.

We have one living on our fence and every night it spins web across the gate for me to walk into, am sure its trying to catch me....

Our chickens love to eat spiders that we catch in the house and give to them :)

They come to drink out of humans mouths at night (fact)

Well I'll console myself with the fact it will no longer be with us having endured that experience :D

FACT: We dont get poisonous or deadly spiders in this country. (unless you are allergic)

If its body (not including the legs) is big enough to fit in the palm of your hand then perhaps someone's pet has escaped and you need to call the rspca or some other organisation that can deal with it.

I doubt these so called facts. All spiders will kill you and everyone you care about. Kill em all !!!!!!!!

Feast your eyes on this beauty:

IMG_0285.jpg

Observed in our garden in Northern France about 3 weeks ago. Body was an inch or so across, the whole thing a good 3 inches across. Known to bite (supposedly feels like a wasp sting), but not venomous (at worst itching like a mosquito bite).

Unfortunately we had to terminate it, as there were infants playing around all day.

I'm absolutely terrified of them. Don't mind mice though, which is odd. My husband thinks its funny, it's not.

FACT: We dont get poisonous or deadly spiders in this country. (unless you are allergic)

If its body (not including the legs) is big enough to fit in the palm of your hand then perhaps someone's pet has escaped and you need to call the rspca or some other organisation that can deal with it.

Fact: We do actually, the False Widow Spider.. ( google it)

I would have introduced it to the sole of my shoe.

sorry i LOL'D when i read this (i dont agree with what you said tho :roll::P) i normally try an catch them in a jug an throw em outside! ;)

Yes, and killing a harmless and rather lovely one just because you don't like it is extremely rude.

Lovely in your opinion maybe, not everyone has the same opinion as you, you know.

Fact: We do actually, the False Widow Spider.. ( google it)

I thought that the False Widow was poisonous but not deadly? Even the Black Widow isn't deadly. My boss is Australian and was bitten by a Funnelweb and didn't need any antivenom, I had always thought that these were deadly! Apparently only to those with a compromised immune system or with low body weight need treatment.