Man who sits at arundel gate

He probably stinks.

You really do come across as a total ****wit at times and this occasion is yet another one.

The guy is called Gary and is quite harmless. Whilst I'm not going to go into details as to why he is on the streets, I understand its a case of family issues and the fact that this country is a joke as to why he is in the situation he is in.

In fact if people actually talk to him you will find that he is afraid to approach people due to the stigma that homeless people have got.

maybe he'd be better off down the job centre instead of sitting on the street all day getting freebies?

Have you actually sat down and spoken to this guy? Maybe you should get a life instead of spouting ****e on here

He sounds more polite than most people on here. I hope things start to look up for him soon.

Just started reading this thread and its nice to see so many people take notice and actually take the time to consider helping.

Hopefully this man gets attention if needed and help if wanted.

Good on ya peeps :)

maybe he'd be better off down the job centre instead of sitting on the street all day getting freebies?

here here another scrounger for us to keep!

About ten years ago when I was into photography I went to Castle Market early one sunday morning to take some photograph's around the place... I ended up going up the steps of the bridge which takes you above the Wilkinsons thats over the road there; when I got up there there was about 10 people in sleepingbags sleeping rough.

Do you know the saying , There but for the grace of god go I.

Dont think the grace of God has anything to do with it.

I pass this guy most days. I think it's pretty safe to say he is homeless and living on the streets. He doesn't appear to have a drug addiction and I've never seen him drinking alcohol. He also never asks anyone for anything but I have seen people being kind and buying him things. I've also seen him going through bins etc. looking for food.

I've often wondered about this chap as he seems a bit different to others you see living on the street. Glad some people are being kind to him. I think I'll buy him a drink next time I walk by.

EDIT: He also reminds me loads of Bonnie Prince Billy, for anyone into that kind of music.

Edited by Farslad

I too pass this Gentlemen and belive he's homeless and may have mental health issues. Hes like many in Sheffield and other towns and cities across the land. No doubt when cuts to Housing Benefit kick in many will be joining his home on the streets. Its easy to mock and take the **** out of theses people but it could be you one day it happens.

Originally Posted by craigs

here here another scrounger for us to keep!

these two post say all that is wrong.. some people do not understand mental health problems and i do hope that the posters never up in the same situation

Originally Posted by craigs

these two post say all that is wrong.. some people do not understand mental health problems and i do hope that the posters never up in the same situation

I's agree. Its extremely childish to ridicule the mentally ill in such a way and shows ignorance. Nobody would tell a person in a wheel chair to pull themselves together and get up and walk.

Mental illness is just, if not more, difficult to deal with, than physical illness.

EDIT: He also reminds me loads of Bonnie Prince Billy, for anyone into that kind of music.

I'm sure he could pen some pretty downbeat lyrics.