What if hitler had won the war with britains help

Hitler believed in astronomy. When President Roosevelt passed suddenly in April 1945 and the Red Army was knocking on Hitler's door Josef Goebbels told him that it was a sign from the stars of a miraculous turn in his fortunes and a great victory would shortly follow. Hitler believed it

It's not true that Hitler chewed carpets.

It is true that he suffered from severe attacks of flatulance when things were going wrong for him.

That bunker must have stunk to high heaven during the last year of the war

You must not challenge Ruby's masterly Knowledge of matters naval. What would I know, a mere retired CPO. She is of course referring to 50 world war 1 destroyers loaned to Britain by FDR, to help make sure the Uboats didn't starve us all to death. They were known as fourstackers, with four funnels like Titanic had. They were used with RN crews because the US was still neutral, and had no particular enthusiasm for fighting Europe's wars again. Why should they? They were far from rustbuckets, very well maintained seaworthy ships.

She also didnt know that Roosevelt risked being impeached by Congress for sending arms to a nation at war which strictly speaking was a violation of neutrality laws.

The US would have ended up in a war with Germany anyway even if Hitler had not declared war on it after Pearl Harbour.

There were increasing incidences of clashes between American warships and German U-Boats before Pearl Harbour happened

Edited by Harleyman

Hitler believed in astronomy. When President Roosevelt passed suddenly in April 1945 and the Red Army was knocking on Hitler's door Josef Goebbels told him that it was a sign from the stars of a miraculous turn in his fortunes and a great victory would shortly follow. Hitler believed it

It's not true that Hitler chewed carpets.

It is true that he suffered from severe attacks of flatulance when things were going wrong for him.

That bunker must have stunk to high heaven during the last year of the war

Hehe...im off now, keep saying it but I am.... Night everyone

My wife's grandad told me this, I not getting mixed up with no film, maybe he did, I don't know.. Hehe.........no he can't have been talking about that film as this took place on the battlefield, maybe if I go to library, i might find out

I think her grandad was having you on mate

I think her grandad was having you on mate

No he wasn't having me on, maybe he was havd on, but to say I can't find any info then it probably isn't true

How you twisting my post or is it just me who hasent explained properly, at the very start of this discussion I mentioned good things he bought to germany. Hitler said he would get every german in to work, he got nearly everyone in work, now you said they were forced to work, when the german people were happy they finally had jobs..

Don't know how many times this has to be explained but I'll try again and simplify it as an analogy:

Your daughter is unhappy, she finds comfort in the arms of a man who shows her love care and affection. He showers her with gifts, he promises her a future she's only dreamed of. Not only is she happy but as a father you are too.

But...

All this jolly happiness is based on a lie because the man your daughter is involved with is a murderer of people. A murderer who plunders the bank accounts of wealthy citizens. His hands are dripping in blood, his love for your daughter is dwarfed for his love of power, revenge and hate.

Again another "but". Because your daughter has no knowledge of this and she's all warm and fluffy and in lovey dovey, this somehow justifies who he is even though she has no real understanding of who he is, of course until it's all to late that is.

Now he created a huge increase in germany, think his original spending when he took over was about 7m but his policy's got that to about 70m (not sure on exact figures but it's around this area )

Government income had been 10 billion Reichsmarks in 1928. In 1939, it stood at 15 billion. However, government spending had increased from 12 billion Reichsmarks in 1928 to over 30 billion in 1939 - a difference of 15 billion Reichsmarks. From 1933 to 1939, the Nazi government always spent more than it earned so that by 1939, government debt stood at over 40 billion Resichsmarks.

Balance of trade figures had gone into the red by 1939 by 0.1 billion Reichsmarks

,he bought in better sanitation, healthcare improved, he was into better technology and he was fond of science

I'm also interested in better technology and science. I wouldn't profess to claim that I invented the Ipad or discovered gravity because of my interest or fondness.

and set up labs where they looked for cures for certain diseases, now he did all this before he went to war.

Big deal, he was still murdering his own long before war was declared.

Now he did this before he went to war, the war destroyed him obviously but if you read the thread properly then you would know I wasent condoning the murder of 6 million jews

You're jumping to conclusions again. I never once suggested you condoned the murder of Jews.

But ron if you think I'm sounding like I liked hitler then let me know coz I don't want people thinking I liked hitler

Know who you are rather than worrying yourself by how others see you.

No one in their right mind would like Hitler. If any good was the result of actions taken by him then those actions would be accredited to those he instructed.

Edited by ronthenekred

before anyone jumps on me my caps letter button is bust. back to the question what if hitler had won the war and britain was her friend and what would europe look now? i think robert harris's fatherland was a good as a what if history book.

P k dick the sifi writer wrote a book about it " the man in the high castle"

where the Axis powers won the Second World War. America has been divided into a Japanese colony on the West Coast, a German colony on the East Coast and sort of a midwest buffer state between the two.

to tell you the truth I found it hard to read

People are not who they seem to be, reality is not as real as you might think, the counterfeit is indistinguishable from the "real".as with a lot of p k dicks books Paranoia seems to be the main theme :hihi:

...at the very start of this discussion I mentioned good things he bought to germany. Hitler said he would get every german in to work, he got nearly everyone in work, now you said they were forced to work, when the german people were happy they finally had jobs..

Now he created a huge increase in germany......he bought in better sanitation, healthcare improved, he was into better technology and he was fond of science and set up labs where they looked for cures for certain diseases....

But ron if you think I'm sounding like I liked hitler then let me know coz I don't want people thinking I liked hitler

Where would we get that impression from?

Where would we get that impression from?

Well you know from being bias, hehe...i got a question for ronthenekred, as he seems to think only germany ever did propaganda,.....who plays the good guys in cowboy and Indian films?.....Also did america ever do a film in the 50's where the Indians were the good guys?...i don't know answer to second question so if he knows, it would be interesting

I give up.
:hihi:

I tried, but...

no the normal german wasnt forced he forced the jews and the gays to work as free labour, yes he did tell them they had to work but did somthing about it and gave them jobs building houses hospitals schools factorys the auto bahn to mention a few the german ppl loved hitler for stoping all the crime and degradation that was happening and starting free health care free education worker welfare womans right
I swore to myself I'd ignore this thread after I put Scare on my ignore list...but I just couldn't resist coming back to it, after reading the above post: it just reminds so much of this :hihi: :hihi:

(with apologies to sensible types for the humour in bad taste)

Edited by L00b

This is a serious question though ron, i might be off topic but don't fancy starting a thread on this one... When I was a kid I realised I was propagandised by American films, me and my mates loved playing cowboy and Indians as a kid, the only downside to the game was that we could never convince enough to be indians.. My mates would say they would rather be the good guys...

I swore to myself I'd ignore this thread after I put Scare on my ignore list...but I just couldn't resist coming back to it, after reading the above post: it just reminds so much of this :hihi: :hihi:

(with apologies to sensible types for the humour in bad taste)

Am I really on your ignore list or you using the list as an excuse so I can't contradict what you say....oh and if I'm not on your ignore list then please stop presuming me and larde agree on absolutely everything

Edited by Scare