What if hitler had won the war with britains help

We didn't lose the empire like that, we had to give independence after the war otherwise britain would have been hypocrites...and Churchill never said he chose the wrong side...hehe

We didn't lose the empire like that, we had to give independence after the war otherwise britain would have been hypocrites...and Churchill never said he chose the wrong side...hehe

it was a condition of america helping us out that we had to give independence to those that wanted so america could have (cough cough) more influance in the pacific and to free up trade as america thote it was unfair britain had a monopoly on trade

and it is known that churchill regreted that he helped the russians and lost our empire

Edited by larde
forgot to add the churchill bit

it was a condition of america helping us out that we had to give independence to those that wanted so america could have (cough cough) more influance in the pacific and to free up trade as america thote it was unfair britain had a monopoly on trade

But still it was only morally right that Britain did give everyone independence as they were fighting against evil in world war 2 so in my opinion if I lived at the time I would accuse britain of being hypocrites

We gave India independence in 1947 so the British government must have thought this

But still it was only morally right that Britain did give everyone independence as they were fighting against evil in world war 2 so in my opinion if I lived at the time I would accuse britain of being hypocrites

but also america agitated the the situation and left us with the mess in the world today in Palestine and isreal and most of africa because of the impositions you talked about in an earlier post we couldnt afford a army big enough to police the empire and corruption and greed took over and in some cases nothing more than mafias took controle the problems of wich we are still trying to sort out

We gave India independence in 1947 so the British government must have thought this

india and pakistan as we know today were as one in peace.(with each other a fully mixed country) when britain left the country it left a power vacume that tore the country in to pieces and genocide followed muslim killing hindus and hindus killing muslims the problems of which we are still dealling with today

india and pakistan both fighting over kashmire

but also america agitated the the situation and left us with the mess in the world today in Palestine and isreal and most of africa because of the impositions you talked about in an earlier post we couldnt afford a army big enough to police the empire and corruption and greed took over and in some cases nothing more than mafias took controle the problems of wich we are still trying to sort out

I'm not saying america didn't suggest it on part of a deal of helping us but if they did then they did it out of gain, i don't think america actually had these country's at heart

Britain and Germany had alot of allies already, the Royal Family was a big fan of Nazi Germany at the time, Oswald Mosley was incharge of BUF and was ready to take controll of Britain. Hess flew over to Britain to try and bring peace to the war in 1941. And to end with this short but full off facts comment, Churchill even admitted after the war that he had chosen the wrong side!! Not to mention we lost the Empire by having America as her Ally. A country who was planning to attack the Empire before the war.

Britain and Germany were not allies between the wars. The Royal Family did not support the Nazis although Edward VIII did. However he was shipped off to the Bahamas during the war and his brothers King George VI and Prince George both supported the British war effort. Prince George was killed on RAF duty. Moseley was interned during the war and had as much chance of taking control of Britain then as Nick Griffin has now - i.e. none whatsoever. Churchill never said anything of the sort. The USA had nothing to do with Britain losing the Empire and wasn't planning on attacking the British Empire. Britain couldn't afford the Empire and didn't have the manpower to rule it anymore. Fascists tend to be delusional even with the benefit of hindsight.

snip

snip

snip

snip

snip

Never in the field of human dialog was so much trash spouted, to so many, by so few.

Britain and Germany had alot of allies already, the Royal Family was a big fan of Nazi Germany at the time, Oswald Mosley was incharge of BUF and was ready to take controll of Britain. Hess flew over to Britain to try and bring peace to the war in 1941. And to end with this short but full off facts comment, Churchill even admitted after the war that he had chosen the wrong side!! Not to mention we lost the Empire by having America as her Ally. A country who was planning to attack the Empire before the war.

The Empire was already lost and not because of America. After India, Indo-China and other Asian peoples under Euro domination saw that the white man could be soundly beaten by another Asian people (The Japanese) and were not the "iron gods" that the white man had conned their Asian subects into believing the days of Empire were over for Britain, France and Holland

it just falls of deaf ears ppl are so brainwashed in to thinking the world is the perfect little bubble were your good or evil

as Einstein said its all relative, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

for instance i hate the IRA for the thing they have done but i can see beyond that to see them as the most successful gorilla army in the worldand the fact that they have achieved so many of there goals

Not hardly. They certainly didnt achieve their object of uniting the north and south parts of Ireland

Never in the field of human dialog was so much trash spouted, to so many, by so few.

Thats a bit harsh.