Kids without shoes.

You need to get out of your ivory tower more if you haven’t come across such a family, they live in most areas.

You need to get out of your ivory tower more if you haven’t come across such a family, they live in most areas.

I can't say I've ever witnessed it, but hey, I'm relative happy which is more than I can say for some. People will never change their ways and the more that people try to boss them about the more they will resist. It's not worth getting angry about because you'll only end up sad and depressed. Then they will have won and you will have lost, if you see it as a personal battle.

Don't Brighthouse sell shoes?

Pay 27p a week for a few years with an APR of 5634% (typical)?

I can't say I've ever witnessed it, but hey, I'm relative happy which is more than I can say for some. People will never change their ways and the more that people try to boss them about the more they will resist. It's not worth getting angry about because you'll only end up sad and depressed. Then they will have won and you will have lost, if you see it as a personal battle.

Sweeping statement of the year award 2012.

Load of baloney; people can and often do change their ways.

You may wish to know that the Save the Children charity are hoping to raise money to lift low paid working families out of poverty in this country .............

You will NEVER lift everyone out of "poverty".

I can't say I've ever witnessed it,

That’s not a very good reason for accusing someone of lying that has witnessed it.

The shoes that are made here tend to be expensive.

But they last which is more than can be said for the junk Primark sell. Buying cheap is false economy. Leave the kids bare footed and save up for a decent pair of shoes.

What happened to "hand me downs"?

Shoes were far more expensive 20 years ago yet I can't remember any kids walking about barefoot then.

The problem is feckless parents would would rather spend money on themselves then on their children. It's amazing how many single mums I see blowing money on lottery scratchcards, fags and booze at the local shop. Then there's the ones that are on drugs.

What Regatta said about the parents is true, at least for one example that I know of.

One "mother" not far from me was heard complaining that she'd not got enough to feed her kids and that they were living on beans on toast. In the same conversation she was heard asking her eldest to 'fetch her another can (of beer) and her cigs"

So they either aren't being fed or they're eating beans on toast. The last time i looked beans on toast was a meal.

Not too long back Tesco was selling beer @ 7p a tin,thats cheaper than beans.If the parent wants a tinnie instead of of food surely thats her choice.

Sweeping statement of the year award 2012.

Load of baloney; people can and often do change their ways.

Oh right, so kids without shoes is because their parents smoke or drink etc, isn't a sweeping statement?

You will NEVER lift everyone out of "poverty".

True, because poverty is relative; they'll never be a situation where everyone is economically equal, so those with the least will be considered as "the poor".