What would happen if there was an unmoderated discussion site.

You only believe this because you can't see what has been removed. If you could see all of the things which break forum rules which are posted you wouldn't question it a bit.

YOU may be posting carefully and not breaking forum rules but, as with one thread I deleted earlier on, if the only post that wouldn't be deleted because they break forum rules is the OP of the post and the other 3 pages all need to be deleted, then what YOU post is not relevant to whether the thread is going to work on open forum.

With the afformentioned multiple deleted/locked threads or drugs I just mentioned, the vast, vast majority of the posts were totally decent- yet threads of 50+ pages get wasted, because a mod won't just punish the few causing trouble.

I will point out that it takes two to bicker so please if you want this thread to remain open and your accounts unsuspended i suggest you either get back on topic or leave the thread alone.

A prime example- a warning to the entire thread: as if the ones not atacking other posters can in any way prevent those who are.

Usual result is the offensive posters continue, and, rather than simply banning them, the entire thread gets pulled- everyone is punished, and so the pointless cycle continues.

In an earlier post, I commented about the risk of being sued. However, I now think the bigger risk is contempt of court, which can result in prison.

That offence would apply to whoever posted information about an case, not to the owner of the forum.

A prime example- a warning to the entire thread: as if the ones not atacking other posters can in any way prevent those who are.

Usual result is the offensive posters continue, and, rather than simply banning them, the entire thread gets pulled- everyone is punished, and so the pointless cycle continues.

A good and valid point!

Here's another example....it's so frustrating. Just ban the idiots and let the rest of us get on with the thread topic.

Venomous Harridan

Total Posts: 20,767

So your choice, behave like adults and stop with the childish bickering or i can issue bans and close the thread. Your choice.

Edited by mumkin

You should appreciate what the mods do, it would be impossible to have a proper discussion on things as by time you replied to a decent post, the post you was replying to would probably be about 10 or whatever pages back because of all the spam and slanging matches that would be going on in between. So for them to give their time for FREE on making sure OTHERS can enjoy their free time on here should not be underestimated, you should be thanking them very much for this not attacking them.

As for wanting unmoderated, don't they have this on here in the chat section, that isn't moderated, it's just on threads they moderate so people can have proper conversations,

You should appreciate what the mods do, it would be impossible to have a proper discussion on things as by time you replied to a decent post, the post you was replying to would probably be about 10 or whatever pages back because of all the spam and slanging matches that would be going on in between. So for them to give their time for FREE on making sure OTHERS can enjoy their free time on here should not be underestimated, you should be thanking them very much for this not attacking them.

As for wanting unmoderated, don't they have this on here in the chat section, that isn't moderated, it's just on threads they moderate so people can have proper conversations,

Well said. It just echoes my thoughts a few pages back!....About time we agreed on something eh..scare? :clap::banana::clap::banana:

Well said. It just echoes my thoughts a few pages back!....About time we agreed on something eh..scare? :clap::banana::clap::banana:

LOL.. But we don't have to agree on things, we can have disagreements without the abuse or being branded a extremist because our views on politics is different...lol... But Yeh without mods it would be impossible on here...

LOL.. But we don't have to agree on things, we can have disagreements without the abuse or being branded a extremist because our views on politics is different...lol... But Yeh without mods it would be impossible on here...

Hahaha...yep, we shall just have to agree (again) to disagree on that particular discussion!...I bowed out gracefully (well actually perhaps not so gracefully)..But hey ho!...We both survived to disagree another day! :thumbsup:

Sounds like you've changed tune, but then you are a Lib Dem!:rolleyes:

A Lib.Dem changing sides ……….. never. :rolleyes:

Hahaha...yep, we shall just have to agree (again) to disagree on that particular discussion!...I bowed out gracefully (well actually perhaps not so gracefully)..But hey ho!...We both survived to disagree another day! :thumbsup:

Hehe... yes we did, now stop believing everything you read in the papers...and more importantly stop believing everything america say...lol

Hehe... yes we did, now stop believing everything you read in the papers...and more importantly stop believing everything america say...lol

I never buy or read newspapers! Yes really!!! Oh and I don't believe everything anyone says...I have my own opinions!..Yep they're probably a bit quirky at times, and differ from others, but that's what makes us all individuals...Isn't it?

Anyway..Shush...better get back on topic!

I would be able to say this

[removed] [removed] [removed] you [removed] [removed] [removed]

[removed]

[removed]

[removed]

[removed] [removed] [removed]

[removed]

piece of [removed] [removed]