What would happen if there was an unmoderated discussion site.

I have always wondered with websites like this that requires a lot of hard working people to volunteer to moderate it.

Woud it be easier if there was a discussion site with no moderation at all. People could post what they like. Would there be doom and the four horsemen of the appocalypse come and destroy the earth. Or would people just carry on as normal?

They're would be a lot fewer members, more people with high blood pressure, and anger related stress issues that would require medical attension

...and the owners would shut it down once they had been sued a couple of times

They're would be a lot fewer members, more people with high blood pressure, and anger related stress issues that would require medical attension

I dont know if there would really. It wouldnt require the amount of manpower this site must require.

It would be full of people abusing each other and tell people to eff off.

But surely its only like normal life outside cyberspace and common sense would prevail. You dont see this type of behaviour outside the relms of the world wide web.

4chan is unmoderated. The owner of the site talks about it here - it's quite interesting.

But surely its only like normal life outside cyberspace and common sense would prevail. You dont see this type of behaviour outside the relms of the world wide web.

TBH I think we get this behaviour, because its a site & people cannot see each other, so they get braver. It gets silly, we all loose our cool sometimes, I have , but to "offer people out", is going beyond the pale.

Like the house of commons without the speaker..........unintelligible rabble

Gee off.That's even worse.

Quite honestly I'm glad it's moderated. Ok sometimes, their decisions do seem a little puzzling, but they're only human just the same as everyone.

As we all should know, anything written in a text form can be miscontrued and misinterpreted by the reader. It's easily done. I'm sure we all have examples of it, first hand. Moderators are no different, they may see things differently to me, or to anyone else.

Has anyone noticed the 'sticky' at the top of every section on here just lately talking about 'Invasion of Privacy'. Well I saw the post that prompted that, and it was pretty awful. Do we really want posts like that on here?