UFOs in sky over S6

plus i would love to know how you can be trained in distance at night when looking ay somthing you dont know what your looking at

you cant judge from the stars you have nothing in the background to pinpoint and you dont know the size of the object

dont think even the best can do this

Exactly.! ;)

Exactly.! what

you was the one trying to shoot him down when he was only asking ppl if they had seen it

Exactly.! what

you was the one trying to shoot him down when he was only asking ppl if they had seen it

Firstly, why being so aggressive ? i'm only asking questions that anyone would ask am i not ?

You said -

plus i would love to know how you can be trained in distance at night when looking ay somthing you dont know what your looking at

you cant judge from the stars you have nothing in the background to pinpoint and you dont know the size of the object

dont think even the best can do this

Which validates my assertion that it's almost impossible to judge distance in the circumstances the Op reports, so how could anyone say with confidence the object was at 5000, 10'000 or a 100'000 ft ?

Therefore i'd question the rest of the account based on this obvious flaw, that was almost stated as fact.

your trying to say that he didnt see what he belives he saw just by the fact that he might have been wrong on the distance

so then next time somebody see's something in the sky at night that they cant explane and post it on here to see if anybody else has seen it they better not put a distance coz if they do they will be shot down faster than the thing they saw could go

your trying to say that he didnt see what he belives he saw just by the fact that he might have been wrong on the distance

so then next time somebody see's something in the sky at night that they cant explane and post it on here to see if anybody else has seen it they better not put a distance coz if they do they will be shot down faster than the thing they saw could go

I'm not "trying to say" anything of the sort, I was merely asking how the distance was judged, the answer suggests the figure given has no validity, therefore what other elements of the account aren't quite what they seem. ?

I'm not denying he saw something nor am i suggesting he was lying, just looking at the account objectively instead of taking it at face value, which has already uncovered this inaccuracy.

the question was= did anybody else see this?

not

did anybody else see this and do they know how high it was so i get all the facts right before i post it on sheffield forum?

the question was= did anybody else see this?

not

did anybody else see this and do they know how high it was so i get all the facts right before i post it on sheffield forum?

Why do you have a problem with it ? the Op didn't.

He/she also posted an account of the sighting, which is where my question came from.

I think it's important to know the distance to the object, otherwise the altitude is impossible to work out. Without knowing this, the object could be anything from light reflecting off a wasp (near the window) to the Sun exploding.

Considering the OP was in the bedroom, the best way to measure the distance would be to open the Velux window and throw a scrunched up pair of underpants at the object and time how long it takes for contact.

By then stretching another pair of underpants at arms length, you can then work out the angle of latitude.

Extrapolating this data, you should (by triangulation) be able to work out the altitude of the aforementioned object, as well as its speed and size.

Don't forget that 1 Calvin Klein = 1.7 M+S! :)

open the Velux window and throw a scrunched up pair of underpants at the object and time how long it takes for contact.

By then stretching another pair of underpants at arms length, you can then work out the angle of latitude.

Extrapolating this data, you should (by triangulation) be able to work out the altitude of the aforementioned object, as well as its speed and size.

lol quality:loopy:

open the Velux window and throw a scrunched up pair of underpants at the object and time how long it takes for contact.

lol quality:loopy:

Thanks! :thumbsup: