145 years old today.

Celebrated on Facebook and Owlstalk.

SF isn't the only forum in the world.

Have to say a MASSIVE Happy Birthday to Yorkshire's Finest team! Sheffield Wednesday as I was on my second ban.

Heres to another 145 years! Up The Mighty Blue & White Championship Owls! :clap::banana::headbang::clap:

Have to say a MASSIVE Happy Birthday to Yorkshire's Finest team! Sheffield Wednesday as I was on my second ban.

Heres to another 145 years! Up The Mighty Blue & White Championship Owls! :clap::banana::headbang::clap:

Contro, I cannot BELIEVE you got a ban :D:D

1820 is the year that the sporting institute that turned into Sheffield Wednesday, so as a sporting club, not just a football club Wednesday are a lot older then 145 years old.

1820 is the year that the sporting institute that turned into Sheffield Wednesday, so as a sporting club, not just a football club Wednesday are a lot older then 145 years old.

No they are not, they were not recognised as a football club then, its like saying the Titanic was a ship on the blueprints, till it happens it doesn't exist.

No they are not, they were not recognised as a football club then, its like saying the Titanic was a ship on the blueprints, till it happens it doesn't exist.

There was a sporting club that played cricket, of which Sheffield Wednesday are a continuation of that sporting club and can be accurately traced back to 1820.

Name changes yes, but a continuation all the same.

Some clubs quote formed dates and have scant proof of the dates, such as Chesterfield etc, but these dates are proven for Wednesday.

There was a sporting club that played cricket, of which Sheffield Wednesday are a continuation of that sporting club and can be accurately traced back to 1820.

Name changes yes, but a continuation all the same.

Some clubs quote formed dates and have scant proof of the dates, such as Chesterfield etc, but these dates are proven for Wednesday.

Adam we are on about their time as a footy club:)

So what you are saying is every owl on facebook, owlstalk, at Swfc, on here and in general in the whole wide world are wrong about their 145th birthday celebrations and you are correct.

Brian the Blade meet your match.:roll::roll:.

So what you are saying is every owl on facebook, owlstalk, at Swfc, on here and in general in the whole wide world are wrong about their 145th birthday celebrations and you are correct.

Wot a meeting of 2 great minds that would be lol

It was anecdotal.

A sports club has existed longer then just the football club.

Not a hard concept, is it?

There are some German clubs which claim to have a far longer history on their crest, by virtue that a sports club existed before the football club, and no one seems to mind.

Chesterfield claim the date of a football club which ceased to exist as their own, just to beat Wednesday by a few years etc.

I was just saying. Some might find it interesting, other more pedantic people choose to not to and find being argumentative the best sport in this forum.

It was anecdotal.

A sports club has existed longer then just the football club.

Not a hard concept, is it?

There are some German clubs which claim to have a far longer history on their crest, by virtue that a sports club existed before the football club, and no one seems to mind.

Chesterfield claim the date of a football club which ceased to exist as their own, just to beat Wednesday by a few years etc.

I was just saying. Some might find it interesting, other more pedantic people choose to not to and find being argumentative the best sport in this forum.

Let's be clear on this do you agree like everyone else Wednesday have rightly Just celebrated their 145th birthday or not?