Dumpit Site Not Allowing Walkons

This says to me that the OP didnt know how to argue with them...

They cant stop you walking in . I see it all the time at Deepcar tip.

here's the queue this morning at around 11am https://plus.google.com/photos/117910928994532443899/albums/5785492474324742641?authkey=CMTHhqvotvqcXQ

plenty of people where walking on, no one seemed to be stopping anyone at all, but i did wonder, if its that busy at 11am on a friday morning what will it be like on a weekend?

Hour and ten mins ad to wait to get on to blackstock a joke allways go there

as there is no steps to climb busiest site in sheffield and they only open 4 days a week cut backs is a joke then asked one of lads who work there what time you open tomm he said we are closed sat and sunday due to strikes and we want all the sites to open 7 days a week and i thought yea totally behind

them

Yes, apparently all dumpits are closed this weekend because of strike action.

Maybe Sova and Veolia management will try to run a limited service to try and thwart the strike. If so, why not let's all descend on them and park up and walk on en masse pushing prams and wheelbarrows full of green waste and stinking napkins.

What a hoot.

Yes, apparently all dumpits are closed this weekend because of strike action.

Maybe Sova and Veolia management will try to run a limited service to try and thwart the strike. If so, why not let's all descend on them and park up and walk on en masse pushing prams and wheelbarrows full of green waste and stinking napkins.

What a hoot.

During the last all out strike ,Veolia and Sova brought in scabs from Nottinghamshire . I popped into Shirecliffe dump during the last strike ,and one of the lads was telling me they had been brought up from Nottinghamshire to keep shirecliffe open. He said they didnt want to come and work up here ,but their bosses basically said if they refused their own jobs would be at risk.

The main issue of our strike is about getting one hour per day added throughout the year at a cost of £98.000.00. From what I hear and the feedback I get talking to the majority of the public who come onto the Douglas Rd site, everyone would be happier if the sites were opened at 09.00 every morning and closed at 18.00. In winter the hours could be reduced by one and close at 17.00. These times could be implemented at each site and ensure a saving of thousands of pounds which is what the cost of counter measures for fly-tipping will be. Opening at these times will also alleviate all the traffic problems that we are now being faced with.

The MMH contractor who has allowed his lorry depot to be used as a dump-it site is being paid £165.000.00 per month by the Sheffield City Council and that's a fact!

As a matter of interest part of the Veolia management team are working on the MMH site today.

What? Why can't you walk and take stuff there? What about people with no cars?

Ask the bus driver if he'll drive through for you.

During the last all out strike ,Veolia and Sova brought in scabs from Nottinghamshire . I popped into Shirecliffe dump during the last strike ,and one of the lads was telling me they had been brought up from Nottinghamshire to keep shirecliffe open. He said they didnt want to come and work up here ,but their bosses basically said if they refused their own jobs would be at risk.

Wouldn't that make you a scab?

During the last all out strike ,Veolia and Sova brought in scabs from Nottinghamshire.

Are you serious with this statement or what?! It would be a big ask of the Nottingham staff to defy their bosses in solidarity with the Sheffield staff whom they wont know personally.

The truth is that there is no sign banning pedestrian access.

There is no mention of vehicles only on either the Council's or Veolia's websites.

If this Council is so keen on recycling for environmental reasons, they should make provision for car-free access.

Perhaps leave a side gate open on all those days they are shut? :)

I walked into the one up the hill from Hillsborough when there was a huge queue and no-one told me not to and the staff must have noticed because lots of other people seem to do it too (I have seen them).

Are you serious with this statement or what?! It would be a big ask of the Nottingham staff to defy their bosses in solidarity with the Sheffield staff whom they wont know personally.

That's kind of the idea of solidarity....

yes, its right. it came straight from one of the lads who was working at shirecliffe when i popped in when the all out strike was on a few weeks ago. There were security on the gates ,as the permanent staff were outside on the picket line. I asked this bloke if he was Veolia/Sova management actually doing a days work for a change so the tip could remain open . He told me they were Nottingham tip workers brought up here by their bosses to keep shirecliffe open during the strike. He also said they were told by their bosses there would be repercussions if they refused to work in Sheffield during the strike.

Talking to the regular lads on the pickets outside the dump , they confirmed those working were Sova staff from Nottingham, hence the reason for the security on the gates.