Price of taxi from Sheffield city centre to Dronfield

Going out on Friday night and will need to get a taxi back from the city centre to Dronfield- anyone have experience of how much it costs? I am thinking that a black cab will be way too much so maybe calling a mini cab.

It costs me about £8 to get to Norton so I'd say maybe £5 or so more?

It costs me about £8 to get to Norton so I'd say maybe £5 or so more?

Thanks for the reply- is that in a mini cab?

Yes, theres not normally too much difference when I have done it in a black cab though!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I'd say a lot more than that, best bet is to give a couple of firms a call and ask them.

I was thinking that it would be about £15 to £20, something like that.

Going out on Friday night and will need to get a taxi back from the city centre to Dronfield- anyone have experience of how much it costs? I am thinking that a black cab will be way too much so maybe calling a mini cab.

Hi. From Sheffield ctr. to Dronfield

Its. no more than 8 miles so price Max would be £13 to. £14

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

In my experience (when I lived at Dronfield), black cabs are cheaper than private hire taxis. I would ball park around £12 in a black cab.

If its after 11pm (when taxis are high in demand) some private taxis (if stopping them at roadside) may stick a few more quid on top due to the distance as they probably can get more by doing 2 short drops close by in the time it takes to do one drop in Dronfield (and then drive back to town again to pick up their next customer). Black cabs most likely will use the meter, and this always proved cheaper when I got taxis home.

I live in Dore at the moment and I still find black cabs are cheaper (from town centre) than private hire taxis when getting a taxi home.

Hope that helps.

Edited by jm79

About £12, mercury taxis 01142662662

In my experience (when I lived at Dronfield), black cabs are cheaper than private hire taxis. I would ball park around £12 in a black cab.

If its after 11pm (when taxis are high in demand) some private taxis (if stopping them at roadside) may stick a few more quid on top due to the distance as they probably can get more by doing 2 short drops close by in the time it takes to do one drop in Dronfield (and then drive back to town again to pick up their next customer). Black cabs most likely will use the meter, and this always proved cheaper when I got taxis home.

I live in Dore at the moment and I still find black cabs are cheaper (from town centre) than private hire taxis when getting a taxi home.

Hope that helps.

It's illegal for a private hire car to pick u up at the roadside and you're not insured if not pre booked, asking them to break the law will come at a premium.

Always pre book it's the safest and cheapest way to travel.

I paid about £15 for a similar journey but it was late at night so you should not pay anymore than that really.

7 miles from City Centre to Dronfield.

City charge £3.80 first mile and 65p per half mile after that so

that'd be £11.60.

There's no additional charge if it's late at night or for going out of Sheffield boundaries.