ECHR upholds one Christian but dismisses other cases

Yes that is why she is fighting it so she can identify herself to people and maybe try and convert them in the process.

Only on general observations and what i have heard.

Anti Christian sentiment is growing,many of them are aware of this and some will avoid any discussion to do with religion,even to the point of denying they believe in God in some circles.

Radical atheism is equally as disturbing as Radical Christianity in my view.

What is radical atheism?

Do all atheists who are vocal reflect your views?

I've not asked them

one in particular [is] allowed to discriminate against homosexuals as they see fit

When have other religions been allowed to discriminate against homosexuals?

Seriously though, people of other religions can wear symbolic items and provocative clothing like burqas; [...] so why not Christians too?

Does anybody who works for British Airways wear a burqa?

Does any nurse wear a burqa?

You really need to ask that.:o

Yes. I'd like to know too. If I'm below the standard I'd like to up my game. ;)

What is radical atheism?

I think it's somebody who disbelieves in god even more than average.

It's a bit like those radical non-stampcollectors who collect even less stamps than you or me.

I've not asked them

Why not? you always have more friends when your an atheist.;)

Civil partnership and marriage is the same things in my eyes
Mine too, but then I'm not gay or religious, so it doesn't bother me. Apparently they're not the same thing as you can't plight your troth in the church, mosque or synagogue of your choice if you're not a man and a woman. If they belong to those faiths, they think that's unfair and they should be able to.

To me, provided the legal and financial status is the same, that's the important thing. But as I said, I'm not gay or religious.

Then why don't they call it marriage? Why have a different status title for same sex?

Well so it suits the people who are against it. If anyone isn't against the same sex, then they would see marriage and civil partnership as the same thing

Well so it suits the people who are against it.

They've got no reason to be against it. Sod em. Just outdated beliefs and a last attempt at trying to keep a monopoly on what they believe marriage to be.

Gay people should be allowed to marry. Doesn't affect anyone else's life in any way, shape or form.

Four British Christians who claim they lost their jobs as a result of discrimination against their beliefs are taking their cases to the European Court of Human Rights later.

[...] The cases involve British Airways check-in clerk Nadia Eweida, nurse Shirley Chaplin, relationship counsellor Gary McFarlane and registrar Lilian Ladele:

• Ms Eweida, a Pentecostal Christian from Twickenham, south-west London, was sent home by her employer British Airways in 2006 after refusing to remove a necklace with a cross

• Devon-based nurse Mrs Chaplin was moved to a desk job by Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Trust Hospital for similar reasons

• Mr McFarlane, a Bristol counsellor, was sacked by Relate after saying he had a conscientious objection to giving relationship advice to gay people

• Ms Ladele was disciplined after she refused to conduct same-sex civil partnership ceremonies in north London

Is this a case of discrimination, or just a case of people who wouldn't modify their behaviour? Is work a place to practice your beliefs, or should they be kept at home and work is place to do the job you're paid to do?

Is dealing with a homosexual couple different to wearing a cross? One is a act that may hurt, but who is upset by a simple cross?

Devils advocate:

Wasn't it the case that the law had changed after both McFarlane and Ladele had signed a contract of work?

Devils advocate:

Wasn't it the case that the law had changed after both McFarlane and Ladele had signed a contract of work?

McFarlane actually signed an agreement to say that he would counsel same-sex couples, but then reneged.

I think the case with Ladele is as you say, so you can attempt to play devil's advocate if you want. :)

Devils advocate:

Which law?