Super cheap Pork Sunday dinner

Shocking! - I will be callnig to customer services and putting in a complaint -- the staff there deserve a fair wage. (My complaint will be for ALL staff to receive at least the minimum wage!)

I still think people should take advantage of the loss leader pork - let's be fair though, pig farmers are like milk farmers, all the small farmers are being driven out - the game is being monopolised.

Loss leaders are there to lure you in and buy other products, if loads of people just bought the pork and nothing else than its definetly a loss that didn't lead to further sales.

Its treating them as disposable-a few possibly get something permanent but like you say Leah it can't be many.

Only having pork shoulder on such a fantastic offer ?? Surely that is not fair on muslims who dont eat pork... I predict a riot ;)

It's unlikely Morrison's are paying the cost of the offer. Nearly all the offers you see in supermarkets are paid for by the producers or distributors. As an aside the current milk costs aren't a good example of supermarkets using their power to reduce farmer's incomes. The latest fall in milk price is driven by the food processing companies and was caused by a crash in demand for the by products especially cream.

I went shopping in Morrisons this am i saw the pork shoulders and bought four, did i think of the farmers no, or the "loss making Morrisons" these are too bigger company's the supermarkets and the farmers for me to get my head round, The butcher said these offers are usually a max of three per person but you can have as many as you want of these so four went in the basket,

We all know of the milk saga about the farmers making a loss, i wonder how many people have stopped buying milk because of that.

It's not only the Farmers who are getting squeezed its every body that the supermarkets deal with while there markups are sky high.

And how does Morrisons afford to do this?

Some of the biggest supermarkets allegedly pay minimum wages to part time workers,/ use apprentices, knowing that they will have to receive family credits and housing benefits to survive if they've got families and just stay poor and in bad accomodation or with parents if single.

As a tax payer I resent subsidising the mega rich companies and try to buy from the more ethical shops and smaller retailers or even.....grow my own.

We can only hope to change a system we don't like by not participating in it rather than just by winging about it.

Well if it "hurts" you so much, pay full price for it. In fact make a point of demanding you do so at the till:roll:

As a tax payer I resent subsidising the mega rich companies

But that's capitalism.

Sorry, I mean "capitalism".

Loss leaders are there to lure you in and buy other products, if loads of people just bought the pork and nothing else than its definetly a loss that didn't lead to further sales.

Did you work all that out for yourself? Magic:hihi:

Only having pork shoulder on such a fantastic offer ?? Surely that is not fair on muslims who dont eat pork... I predict a riot ;)

I didn't like pork, even before I converted.... :gag:

mumsie said to me: Well if it "hurts" you so much, pay full price for it. In fact make a point of demanding you do so at the till

like I said I try to not spend my money in places I think have the dodgiest ethics, and/or pay their biggest bosses silly money.

I won't be buying any of it.

mumsie said to me: Well if it "hurts" you so much, pay full price for it. In fact make a point of demanding you do so at the till

like I said I try to not spend my money in places I think have the dodgiest ethics, and/or pay their biggest bosses silly money.

No mods or admin get paid on SF does the big boss get silly money ?:suspect:

...and if you extended that philosophy to include the companies that produced many of the items you bought, your basket would be fairly empty.