Hi fi separates.... your opinions

More thread resurrection...but hey on SF we are encouraged to search.

My question...where in Sheffield apart from moorgate acoustics and richer sounds can I go for some quality speaker cable?

Or should I just buy online?

Seven Oaks, Just on the end of queens road (going towards abbeydale / heeley) its on the left, heading away from BnQ, after halfords, and Doland and Achinson.

They also have a listening room if the OP is still looking for some kit :)

Also if you see the wiring inside some speakers you'll wonder why people are prepared to spend £100s per metre on speaker cable.

Anybody heard of Cura loudspeakers? I wanted a pair of big floor-standers a few years ago but Audio Images wheeled in this pair of little Curas and told me to shut my eyes and just listen. I did - open mouthed! They blew away everything else I could afford. I never hear of Cura now tho so they've probably gone bust or just given up or something.

I use them still - powered by an Arcam something-or-other-9 amp, geriatric Thorens 160 with Shure cartridge (bought on my student grant - remember them???) and a CD player whose name I've forgotten and whose spec I never knew - just bought it coz it sounded brilliant in Moorgate's demo room where they let me connect it up to my own amp and speakers.

A few months ago i went to buy a new car stereo from a dealer on wellington street in town...they are called MUSICWORLD.....they told me that they were starting to sell home hifi in the near future.......i called last week on the off chance of them having a DAB radio for my kitchen.....ended up buying a teac one....sounds great and they did it me at a good price!

They've started to get some good brands in.....NAD,TEAC,MARANTZ and BOSTON ACOUSTICS......fab speakers.........i recommend anyone looking for some new hifi kit to call in and check them out.......nice guys that are willing to chat and help.:)