Blasphemy case against a Christian minor.

Are they're any of them left in Syria.

Are they're any of them left in Syria.

Syria is divide between Muslims, added with contributing political factors.

Syria is divide between Muslims, added with contributing political factors.

Yes i know its really about Muslim divide.Christians are a small minority there but are still being targeted.

Give the Country to the ones who have been there the longest i say.

Seriously though what ever side it is, its always the innocent civilians that have to suffer because of those Power crazed dictators.

I shouldn't really have mentioned Syria,because its a closed topic on here now.

Because you can't determine the entire credibility of a country based on a single case - no matter how odious.

It makes no more sense to discredit the entirety of Pakistan over this than it would be sensible to judge the whole UK on the basis of the police shooting dead Azelle Rodney, who was unarmed.

True. You can determine the credibility of a country on its laws and customs though.

Because you can't determine the entire credibility of a country based on a single case - no matter how odious.

It makes no more sense to discredit the entirety of Pakistan over this than it would be sensible to judge the whole UK on the basis of the police shooting dead Azelle Rodney, who was unarmed.

Can't say I'd want to live in Pakistan though, especially if I was a woman. They could do with a few Phoolan Devis.

Can't say I'd want to live in Pakistan though, especially if I was a woman. They could do with a few Phoolan Devis.

Yeah, it's a bit ropey out there.

I'm well aware of what happened there thanks - I was under the impression you were claiming something rather more current than nearly a century ago.
Yes, I was claiming that. Christians are murdered or driven out by Muslims in all Arab countries, and indeed in African countries too. It happens all the time, every day, and is happening now.

But it happens a lot!

A few weeks ago a Christian girl was arrested on blasphemy charges in Pakistan accused of burning pages of the Koran. An angry mob ouside the jail bayed for her execution.

Now it seems that all is not as it appeared and a muslim cleric has been arrested charged with framing the girl. Where do they find these religeous bigots.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-09-02/pakistan-police-arrest-christian-girls-accuser

ISLAMABAD (AP) — A Muslim cleric is accused of stashing pages of a Quran in a Christian girl's bag to make it seem like she burned the Islamic holy book, a surprising twist in a case that caused an international outcry over the country's strict blasphemy laws.

Pakistani police arrested Khalid Chishti late Saturday after a member of the cleric's mosque accused the imam of planting evidence as a way to push the Christians out of the neighborhood. Chishti denied the charges Sunday while being led to court in shackles, wearing a white blindfold.

"I have not done anything wrong. This is all fabrication," he defiantly told reporters.

The imam's arrest could release the girl, who supporters say is mentally handicapped, out of prison, where she faces a life sentence if convicted of charges she desecrated the Quran. A bail hearing is scheduled for Monday.

But Christians who fled the neighborhood when the girl was arrested worry about the use of laws that critics say are often abused to settle scores or target minorities.

A few weeks ago a Christian girl was arrested on blasphemy charges in Pakistan accused of burning pages of the Koran. An angry mob ouside the jail bayed for her execution.

Now it seems that all is not as it appeared and a muslim cleric has been arrested charged with framing the girl. Where do they find these religeous bigots.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-09-02/pakistan-police-arrest-christian-girls-accuser

ISLAMABAD (AP) — A Muslim cleric is accused of stashing pages of a Quran in a Christian girl's bag to make it seem like she burned the Islamic holy book, a surprising twist in a case that caused an international outcry over the country's strict blasphemy laws.

Pakistani police arrested Khalid Chishti late Saturday after a member of the cleric's mosque accused the imam of planting evidence as a way to push the Christians out of the neighborhood. Chishti denied the charges Sunday while being led to court in shackles, wearing a white blindfold.

"I have not done anything wrong. This is all fabrication," he defiantly told reporters.

The imam's arrest could release the girl, who supporters say is mentally handicapped, out of prison, where she faces a life sentence if convicted of charges she desecrated the Quran. A bail hearing is scheduled for Monday.

But Christians who fled the neighborhood when the girl was arrested worry about the use of laws that critics say are often abused to settle scores or target minorities.

What is interesting is the emboldened bit.

I wonder what a crazy world it would be if 'we' got so upset about someone burning a bible, or our flag or an effigy of someone. (which frequently happens).

I deplore fanaticism of any sort! In whatever culture!

I wonder what a crazy world it would be if 'we' got so upset about someone burning a bible, or our flag or an effigy of someone. (which frequently happens).

I deplore fanaticism of any sort! In whatever culture!

We had a clear out the other day and a bible went in the recycling bin.