Blasphemy case against a Christian minor.

The cleric has now been arrested. That said any country who allowed this case to be brought against the girl involved (who suffers from Down's Syndrome) is a very dubious one indeed.

They are a bunch of savages.

End of!

They are brainwashed from birth into believing in fairy stories.The young don`t have a choice in these countries.

The ironic thing is if the cleric has done this he should be killed himself for violating the laws he accused the girl of.Namely ripping pages out of the Koran.

I bet good money he wont be though.

they are still human and capable of independent thought and interpretation.

They are, but unfortunately they have the support of the majority in that country.

Let's not forget the independent thinking politician that argued against blasphemy laws in Pakistan that was murdered, and that his murderer is now celebrated as a hero there.

Blasphemy laws in Pakistan are a very handy way to persecute and intimidate religious minorities. They can also be used to silence political dissidents and opponents, and give carte blanche for fanatics to engage in mob violence and lethal vigilantism.

Meanwhile, Baroness Sayeeda Warsi shows her idiocy by moaning about "militant secularism". :roll:

Meanwhile, Baroness Sayeeda Warsi shows her idiocy ...

Unelected.

Another adjective she's earnt. ;)

Meanwhile, Baroness Sayeeda Warsi shows her idiocy by moaning about "militant secularism". :roll:

Its allright you saying that,but i can't even wear my cross and chain without getting dirty looks from some members of the public.:roll:

Its allright you saying that,but i can't even wear my cross and chain without getting dirty looks from some members of the public.:roll:

What's your particular choice of torture jewellery, and some people's attitude to it, got to do with the concept that all religions and none should be treated equally and fairly by the state?

I wonder how long it will be before someone comes along and provides a link to a similar case involving Christians?.....

I thought, when I saw this thread, not another Ant-Muslim debate, it does get tedious. But then when you think about it, Muslims, on the whole, are a controversial group who are involved in most of the major conflicts around the world.

Its not the people so much. They are badly influenced by the potty Koran and dubious religious leaders...

You sure their looking at ya chain? Lol

Why ever should i think otherwise.

I wonder how long it will be before someone comes along and provides a link to a similar case involving Christians?.....

I thought, when I saw this thread, not another Ant-Muslim debate, it does get tedious. But then when you think about it, Muslims, on the whole, are a controversial group who are involved in most of the major conflicts around the world.

Its not the people so much. They are badly influenced by the potty Koran and dubious religious leaders...

In fairness, child rape and molestation is the Christian (particularly catholic) "vice" when it comes things religious leaders shouldn't do. But at least the pope doesn't try and cover it up.

Well not anymore.

This chap the thread is about is an awful man who won't get what's coming to him in that basket case of a country. Hopefully he'll get it in the next life.

Blasphemy laws are always used to control a population and discourage independent thought. It's depressing to see how easily some people in Islamabad have allowed themselves to go along what was so obviously a convenient way to drive out a group of people who don't subscribe to the same flavour of mumbo-jumbo as this man. I hope he's got something nasty coming his way, but I'm not sure I'll hold my breath.

Mind you, some of the attitudes towards Muslims as a whole that you get on here and elsewhere on the web seem to be as mindlessly hate-filled as this man's views on Christians. It's all very well to lay into him, but if we're going to do that we should make sure our views aren't essentially the same as his, just directed at a different group of people.

Mind you, some of the attitudes towards Muslims as a whole that you get on here and elsewhere on the web seem to be as mindlessly hate-filled as this man's views on Christians. It's all very well to lay into him, but if we're going to do that we should make sure our views aren't essentially the same as his, just directed at a different group of people.

This Imam could have got a young disabled girl executed through his own supremacist religious ideology. There is no moral equivalence between what he did, and criticising him and his ideology.

It's like saying people who criticise Nazism are as bad as Hitler. :roll:

This Imam could have got a young disabled girl executed through his own supremacist religious ideology. There is no moral equivalence between what he did, and criticising him and his ideology.

It's like saying people who criticise Nazism are as bad as Hitler. :roll:

No, that's not what I said, obviously. I said some peoples' attitudes were doubtless similar to his, just replacing 'Christians' with 'Muslims'. I didn't say that they carried out similar actions (which you knew) but if people think the same as him, how long before they start behaving like him?