What the tories really believe

Yes they all do it, politicians from all parties. The political class generally is rotten to the core. Just like the vested interests they represent.

The UK is a deeply corrupt country.

all this talk of who is the worst by people is so funny, as you point out there are mps across the board who are only out for no1 regardless of party. many get paid to "assist" various groups and forums get their point of view over and made policy/ or to assist friends and family with various business interests. if they aren't doing it while in power you can sure as hell expect them to be doing so when in opposition or after they have left govt. so many of them leave for feathered nests with various companies they helped one way or another.

its time for a change, the laws about mps interests before and after being in parliament should be revised totally. pay them more but completely bar them from holding any directorships or advisory positions during and for a period of 10 yrs after leaving govt, or something along those lines. at the end of the day so many of the decisions being made that affect us are done so with influence from those with a vested interest in making money from us.

This is the world that the tories are creating under our noses, a world where privilege is the ordained route to success, big business executives make all the profits and the ordinary folk do all the work with little or no reward.

Explain to me then how I managed to go from being the son of a coal miner with no priviledge at all to running my own company then? Life is what you make of it basically. If you want to flal at the bottom and complain about oppression then that's exactly what you will get.

We can all agree that the Olympics have indeed embodied tory values since over 70% of medal winners were educated at independent or grammar schools and took the glory, while thousands of unpaid volunteers carried out all the menial tasks. And the whole event was a privatised monopoly where corporate businesses sold overpriced food and drink to people who had their own food taken from them at the gate. Oh yes, and the security company G4S had to be bailed out by the public sector following their failure to fulfil their contracted obligations. Privilege and the old boy network is the name of the game.

think we can ALL take great offence to your comment about medal winners they are far from privelidged, to get that far at their chosen sport they spent years, a lifetime, of personal expense, missing out on what you and me take for granted, the food, the drink, freindships, the child and teenage life, they live and breathe hard work

all this talk of who is the worst by people is so funny, as you point out there are mps across the board who are only out for no1 regardless of party. many get paid to "assist" various groups and forums get their point of view over and made policy/ or to assist friends and family with various business interests. if they aren't doing it while in power you can sure as hell expect them to be doing so when in opposition or after they have left govt. so many of them leave for feathered nests with various companies they helped one way or another.

its time for a change, the laws about mps interests before and after being in parliament should be revised totally. pay them more but completely bar them from holding any directorships or advisory positions during and for a period of 10 yrs after leaving govt, or something along those lines. at the end of the day so many of the decisions being made that affect us are done so with influence from those with a vested interest in making money from us.

I couldn't agree more with this

I suspect TUPE ( transfer of undertakings protection regulations ) will be used to great effect in the coming months . The regulations apply to anyone whose job is outsourced or privatised , but TUPE doesn't cover future pension rights .........

So, you get a populace with enormous mortgage debt ( means "debt until death" in french), faced with increasing job insecurity , increasing government surveillance , snooping , drones , biometrics and polygraphs , homeless criminalised as squatters , smoking becoming criminalised eventually , whistleblowers criminalised (Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill "public interest" clause ....

Back in May 1997 I actually felt omtimistic about the future when Nu Labour beat the Tories - now I just feel such a mug :confused:

I wonder how many of theTories friends are going to make a financial killing if they do allow building on green belt land.

I wonder how many of theTories friends are going to make a financial killing if they do allow building on green belt land.

Relaxation of planning laws isn't necessarily going to mean building on green belt land, the planning process is complicated and cumbersome even for city dwellers wanting an extension to their home etc, a bit of simplification will be a good thing.

think we can ALL take great offence to your comment about medal winners they are far from privelidged, to get that far at their chosen sport they spent years, a lifetime, of personal expense, missing out on what you and me take for granted, the food, the drink, freindships, the child and teenage life, they live and breathe hard work

But being a top athlete and getting there is very expensive, it can mean training most of the day everyday, which unless you can afford not to have an income and be bankrolled by say mum and dad, will be out of reach for many, which is why I believe there are so many athletes from privilaged backgrounds.

Explain to me then how I managed to go from being the son of a coal miner with no priviledge at all to running my own company then? Life is what you make of it basically. If you want to flal at the bottom and complain about oppression then that's exactly what you will get.

Same here. Son of a manual worker. Dragged up on the Badger. Did OK-ish at school. Started out as a labourer at a steel works and worked my way up over several years.

I put myself through university and now work hard doing two jobs to give me a very comfortable lifestyle.

As for G4S - it was LABOUR who awarded them the contract.

I think it was New Labour... Tories in red ties. :?

We can see a clear picture of tory beliefs emerging if we consider just two recent statements from high in conservative party ranks. First, Boris Johnson's claim that the Olympic Games embody the tory ethic, and then George Osborne's rejection of the Lib Dem call for a tax on wealth, stating that such a move would 'drive away wealth creators'.

You sound a little surprised, Boris puts on a great front, a sort of ”jack the lad” Tory :hihi: but you can only fool some of the people – some of the time.

When Boris Met Dave

The Tories have always been the party for the inherited wealth brigade. Cameron is a puppet of the said wealthy landowners and greedy bankers. Cameron does their dirty work in as covert way as he can. He is dismantling the NHS piece by piece at the moment to give to his cronies.

The tories would never get elected if only true tories voted for them (ie the super rich with inherited wealth.) Unfortunately however there are some pretend tories who attach themselves to the party and vote for them because they are not very intelligent.