Help needed with house i rent

hello all thanks for taking time to read i am in bad situation been renting a place for couple years, no problem and in the last 5 months i was left with out job so was getting help with housing benefits then about 2 months ago they changed there system and only pay 240 to my rent and now which i have to find another 240 to pay the rest and i dont even get that in job seekers! so im left now owing half months rent from last month and now rent for this month! is there any help i can get, im gnna have to leave but have 5 months left in my contract but i cant afford it,and i been told i could be took to court? i just not sure what to do i have young boy of 3 what i have weekends with me at home

hello all thanks for taking time to read i am in bad situation been renting a place for couple years, no problem and in the last 5 months i was left with out job so was getting help with housing benefits then about 2 months ago they changed there system and only pay 240 to my rent and now which i have to find another 240 to pay the rest and i dont even get that in job seekers! so im left now owing half months rent from last month and now rent for this month! is there any help i can get, im gnna have to leave but have 5 months left in my contract but i cant afford it,and i been told i could be took to court? i just not sure what to do i have young boy of 3 what i have weekends with me at home

see citizens advice beuro for advice.

Ask the landlord about subletting?

I'm sure there's something where the council can assess the rent and lower it if it's too much, ask at howden house.

Suppose your only option I'd to do a "moonlight flit" and stay with a relative

The situation with being taken to court is that it is hassle for the landlord finding you ect, and because now you are on benefits and have a young child a few things would swing your way in court, with 5 months left on your contract let's presume that is 2,000 it might just tempt the landlord to not taking you to court and just finding someone else fast.

Suppose your only option I'd to do a "moonlight flit" and stay with a relative.

That's right, screw your landlord.After all it's his fault your behind with your rent.

That's right, screw your landlord.After all it's his fault your behind with your rent.

the landlord is in a lot better position at that moment in time, and would be wise to show abit of empathy.

How much are they asking for you to break the tenancy? Can you rent somewhere cheaper? I thought HB would cover your rent up to the local rent allowance amount. I get HB and my rent is 450 for a nice 2 bed flat. I work so its not a large amount but if I were unemployed it would increase wouldnt it? Not an expert so just a guess :-)

go and get advice at advice center, one called Shelter. They will help

Shelter have a free advice line: 0808 800 4444 They should be able to advise.

Suppose your only option I'd to do a "moonlight flit"

Hardly fair on the landlord really is it?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Suppose your only option I'd to do a "moonlight flit"

Hardly fair on the landlord really is it?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Life is not fair

End of the day you have got to do what is best

It is not a world where everyone is hugging and everything is just dandy