What do you think of non-Sheffielders posting on SF?

Should non-Sheffielders be members of, and post on, SF?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should non-Sheffielders be members of, and post on, SF?

• Yes, I've no problem with it!
    • No, they should stick to local area forums!
    • I don't have an opinion either way, just show me the results!

Originally posted by DaBouncer

I think you'd have a good chance of writing a complete beginners guide to West Coast USA Travel if you put your mind to it.

It also think it would sell pretty well. :thumbsup:

Thanks DaB. Don't ask me about the east coast, though. :suspect: Seriously, if you have a question, go ahead and ask me. I'm always happy to help other forum members if I can.

Pssst. Another tip for you and the Mrs. Or anyone else. If you visit San Francisco during the first week or so of October, Fleet Week is usually going gangbusters. This is last year's calendar of events because 2006 isn't ready yet. The Blue Angels put on a spectacular flight demonstration. Really worth seeing. This all takes place on the San Francisco waterfront.

My father was in the navy when I was a child, and I remember standing on Municipal pier with my mother, grandmother and siblings, frantically waving to "daddy's ship" as it passed under the golden gate.

This event does get quite crowded, and if you want a good seat, they now CHARGE for space on the Municipal pier.

Ok, here's the tip. Finally. imho, the best place to watch the air show is on Alcatraz. If you can arrange to take an Alcatraz tour on the same day, not only will you get to see the rock (again, you lucky devil), you will have the best seats in the house and you won't have to pay no stinkin' $25 each.

We did this a few years ago, and my son was thrilled because at one point, the Angels flew so low, we could see the pilots waving to the crowd.

picture This woman has taken some amazing photos.

:) Sierra

Whatever you do, NEVER refer to San Francisco as "Frisco". It irritates the hell out of the locals, and cab drivers, hoteliers, and waiters will immediately double your bill.

I always call it 'Frisco! I didn't know that raised the hackles among the locals, Sierra. But then, what do I know? I live in Flyover, Indiana -- that seafood-forsaken no man's land between the West and East coasts. :hihi:

Originally posted by HappyHoosier

I always call it 'Frisco! I didn't know that raised the hackles among the locals, Sierra. But then, what do I know? I live in Flyover, Indiana -- that seafood-forsaken no man's land between the West and East coasts. :hihi:

Y'know, Happy Hoosier, I don't know WHY this bothers me, but it does. And I know I'm not alone. I certainly won't go all psycho on someone if I hear "Frisco", I just sort of inwardly groan. Irrational, I know.

Maybe too many Humphrey Bogart movies set in San Francisco.

And where would we be without our heartland? Nowhere, that's where.

Great basketball state, Indiana, and of course they have the brickyard. But we got lobsters!!! nah nah na nah nah.

Sierra: I promise I won't say 'Frisco anymore, unless it's in front of "burger" or in the title of a John Payne movie. Thanks for the nice comments on the heartland.

Buck: Yes, we love sports in Indiana... Hoosier Hysteria, the Greatest Spectacle in Racing and don't forget the Colts. Shoo-ins for the Super Bowl!

And, no, we don't have lobsters but we have... um, um, we have giant breaded pork tenderloins bigger than my head! :thumbsup:

Ah, I love the melting pot that is America.

spose its alreigt,but dunt be gettin ivolved like wen blokes ar talkin,an nowt t du w that wumins libby stuff either

:D:clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by the_rudeboy

Must have consumed a gallon of Magnet at some point in their life? :thumbsup:

Ah an imposter. Any real Sheffielder will tell you that the city's ale was Wards :D

Remember who you're talking to Hoosier, There is a team out there called the NE Patriots. Sure you beat them once this year, but we have long memories, and Bellechek forgives nobody. Best of luck though, Manning is great, almost as good as Brady.

Sorry, Sierra ,Joe Montana has been retired a long time.

Originally posted by Ann_x

Hi Hazel

Basically, as explained in my OP, a moron on another thread told me that I should only post on forums in Kent because that is where I'm based. I was a bit cross about it, and decided to find out what was the opinion of other forumers.

I suppose my definition of a non-Sheffielder is anyone who isn't from Sheffield and doesn't live in Sheffield.

I'm so happy that the majority of voters in the poll have said that it's ok for me to stay, coz I really enjoy SF, and I don't think I could find another forum that's anywhere near as interesting as this one.

:wave:

Wasn't me Ann, methinks there is an imposter writing under nearly my name and he / she can spell too

hazel

Have them horsewhipped!

Hung drawn and quartered

or

Reported to the MODS

hazel

Originally posted by buck

Remember who you're talking to Hoosier, There is a team out there called the NE Patriots. Sure you beat them once this year, but we have long memories, and Bellechek forgives nobody. Best of luck though, Manning is great, almost as good as Brady.

Sorry, Sierra ,Joe Montana has been retired a long time.

Now buck, it's true Saint Joe has been retired for awhile now. But the 'Niners didn't have such a bad season.

Not as bad as their cross bay rivals. The Raiders positively SUCKED this year. Husband is most upset. Heh.