Blunkett barred from Paralympics

You know what ? I have absolutely no sympathy with this man , amazing that he has the clout to get a full page in the Mail , when the victims of atos don't get a public media exposure ( Calendar chose to interview a woman who just complained about creche and dining room facilities- do they think we are stoopid ?)

How ironic that people need to start watching Russia Today to get any kind of proper news , I remember working in an office back in 1997 , walking into Sheff town centre for a sandwich at lunch and feeling really happy that New Labour had come to power... David Blunkett had his wedding reception at Emma Harrison's hall , funded by the taxpayer , around £6.8 million of our money , earned for what transpires to be a pretty crap job of getting people back into work -where are the lawyers ???

The people to blame here are Channel 4. If they invited him as a guest and they told the games organisers LOCOG then they should also have advised that he (Blunkett) was bringing his dog. For all LOCOG knew, when the seat was booked for a blind person - he was going to have a human guide.

We don't know the full story and don't know where the initial seat was but, if there was an emergency and the stadium needed evacuating then special arrangements need making for certain people. I would assume (but can't be certain) that a person with severe sight problems would be one of those people that needs special arrangements. Similar to being on a plane - a person with limited mobility normally isn't allowed a seat next to the emergency exit.

Seems to me that lack of communication all around is to blame. Channel 4 should have asked but he should have said. LOCOG should have asked but, again, Channel 4 should have said.

Grasping at straws I think

I see on the BBC report of the incident they say that there wasn't room for Blunkett's dog alongside the seat that had been allocated to him. So I'm not really sure that you can blame an official for pointing that out to a blind man.

Neither can I understand why Blunkett then moaned that the seat he was taken to was behing a camera crew.

I think he is a nice man, I have met him once before very politte