John henry whitty

thats my grandfathers name and thats all i know....is there anyone out there who knew him? He died from TB in the 1940's i think. He was from and lived in sheffield.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

John Henry Whitty, born about 1903, died Jan/Feb/March quarter 1941, in Sheffield, married Hilda Bumby Apr/May/June quarter 1931. The only person of the same name born around the same time is in the 1911 census as John Henry Whitty, born Hayle, Cornwall. Parents John Henry Whitty (born Hayle, Cornwall abt 1871) and Ida Whitty (born Penzance, Cornwall abt 1874), brother Norman and sister Sylvia Jennie. There is also a John Whitty in the 1911 census, (born abt 1904, Burton on Trent) living in Burton on Trent with mother Jessie and stepfather James Shephard, brother George Ernest, sister Fanny Elizabeth, stepsisters Doris, Gladys, Florence. Hope this helps. If you need any more info, I would be glad to help further

Edited by tasha_78_1

thats brilliant thankyou so much..hilda was my gran x

would love to have more info on my grandfather john henry whitty parents and his grandparents etc..x..

If you can find out which is the correct John Whitty in the 1911 census ( the one born in Cornwall or the one born in Burton on Trent,) I will be able to complete the family tree for you

hi . He's the first one who married hilda bumby. Any more info would be fantastic !! x

The marriage record doesnt tell you where he was born, so either of the Johns in the 1911 censuses could be your Grandad. I need to know where he was born so that I know which of the two Johns he is

Edited by tasha_78_1

I cant take it any further then, unless you can find out where he was born, or the names of either of his parents, or any brothers and sisters. Sorry.

Wrong user

Edited by taxman

There is a senior John H Whitty in 1901 census, wonder if there is a connection but not found him or wife in 1911 census yet- maybe was transcribed wrongly:(

Name: John H Whitty

Estimated Birth Year: abt 1858

Relation: Head

Spouse's Name: Fanny Whitty

Where born: Sheffield, Yorkshire, England

Civil parish: Brightside Bierlow

Ecclesiastical parish: Brightside All Saints

County/Island: Yorkshire

Registration district: Sheffield

Sub-registration district: East Brightside

ED, institution, or vessel: 12

Neighbors: View others on page

Household schedule number: 219

Piece: 4379

Folio: 95

Page Number: 36

Household Members:

Name Age

John H Whitty 43

Fanny Whitty 33

A good way to find out the next generation back would be to order a marriage certificate that gives the names of both fathers.