Getting a council house in Sheffield

Hi

I would say that sums it up pretty well P T

Right so a homeless person is not 'in need'?? how do you work that one out exactly??

And i dont see why im being evicted as any of your business to be frank!!!

Hmm rent arrears or anti social behaviour then.

get rid of the pet and bid for the one bed in "crap" areas if I was about to be homeless then I wouldn't give myself the luxury of being picky

Can i do all this over the phone or go and see them?? Cheers

Mod note

Callum,

Aall you need to know about applying for council housing is in this thread, and could also be found here, on the council's own housing website

http://www.sheffieldpropertyshop.org.uk/howtoreg.asp?ID=9D7AA1CBF6184E1F8A53B18757E49655.

I'm surprised neither the prompt-facility nor the search facility brought this up for you, when you attempted to start your (now merged) thread.

Looks like a big shake up is planned for the housing list,the following article from today's Telegragh says nothing about people retaining their years gained and will streamline priority from 23 to 7 most in need groups.

ALL 84,500 people on Sheffield Council’s housing waiting list face having to reapply for a home – and must provide two references.

People who move will also be banned from reapplying for another property for two years, while priority categories will be streamlined from 23 at present to just seven under plans to revamp the housing allocation system.

The authority is modernising the system in a bid to save £220,000 a year and gain an ‘accurate’ picture of how many people are actually in need of a home.

The change will cost £140,000 to implement, but long-term savings are forecast to come from cuts to administration costs and extra rent from less people moving around.

Each time a person moves house, it leads to a property standing empty for several weeks and costs due to repairs or modifications required before new tenants move in.

Just 18,500 people are actively making bids on properties – but the waiting list is one of the longest in the country. Under the new system, people will have to reapply and must also renew their place on the list once a year.

Hi

What was said on radio Sheffield by a councillor (cant remember who) stated that people who put their name down when they all ready rent a property just to get their name up the list will not be allowed