Getting a council house in Sheffield

I used to be a housing officer for Sheffield homes

It will take you a long time to get a property if your single your will get a flat and a house with kids

Try having. Look at the first come first serve section it comes out every Wednesday and you got to be quik

But if I were you give up unless you have a priority

I used to be a housing officer for Sheffield homes

It will take you a long time to get a property if your single your will get a flat and a house with kids

Try having. Look at the first come first serve section it comes out every Wednesday and you got to be quik

But if I were you give up unless you have a priority

And there we have it from the horses mouth.

The right advice is to keep bidding, most places have a guide as to how long you must have been on the waiting list to be considered. I got a 2-bed flat in the City centre in June, but it took 6 years of waiting before i finally got a reply.

Worst thing you can do is stop trying.

how is the quality of houses in Guinness houses? any different from council houses?

how is the quality of houses in Guinness houses? any different from council houses?

I got a Guinness flat. I obviously don't qualify for a house as I am single. But I have been impressed with the quality of the flat. Anyone who has visited my flat has been impressed with it saying I got a decent place. My neighbours are ok they only issue is they like to smoke weed outside so it doesn't give a good impression to visitors to my flat. Especially to my parents when they come around. Otherwise I get along with them.

I got the flat by applying to Guinness direct. As I saw an advert on one of their properties advertising properties to let. I was surprised about that as I was under the impression that there was a shortage of social housing. Anyway a couple months after applying I got a letter offering me a flat.

I got a Guinness flat. I obviously don't qualify for a house as I am single. But I have been impressed with the quality of the flat. Anyone who has visited my flat has been impressed with it saying I got a decent place. My neighbours are ok they only issue is they like to smoke weed outside so it doesn't give a good impression to visitors to my flat. Especially to my parents when they come around. Otherwise I get along with them.

I got the flat by applying to Guinness direct. As I saw an advert on one of their properties advertising properties to let. I was surprised about that as I was under the impression that there was a shortage of social housing. Anyway a couple months after applying I got a letter offering me a flat.

So your neighbours are committing a criminal offence on a daily basis?:roll:

So your neighbours are committing a criminal offence on a daily basis?:roll:

it appears so however i suspect its their visitors that are smoking it. As I said earlier I get along with them fine. They are polite to me.

I could report them to the HA however I decided its just not worth the hassle. Im happly settled into my flat.

potted plant thank you 4 the link. I am a baby boomer too!

Ah - and you never knew it!

Is it me or do some Sheffield residents thinks its their god given right to be given a council property?

Its their first thought when they are old enough to be put on the register at 16.

Its as though they are resigned to the fact that they will never be in a position to rent privately or buy their own property. What a sad attitude!

Is it me or do some Sheffield residents thinks its their god given right to be given a council property?

Its their first thought when they are old enough to be put on the register at 16.

Its as though they are resigned to the fact that they will never be in a position to rent privately or buy their own property. What a sad attitude!

and then they complain about the neighbours...