Venues for hire?

Hi,

I'm thinking about looking for a venue that I could hire out on a Saturday night for a birthday celebration that's coming up. Ideally, it'd be good to find a place that is happy for us to put a few of our own decorations up and would perhaps accommodate a DJ if we chose to hire one or do it ourselves.

As a first port of call, I thought I'd ask if any Forummers know of anywhere that would be ideal and hopefully not too pricey!

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

http://www.theblueshed.co.uk

they cater for all sorts of events/parties and is a very adaptable space with bar - just call up and ask to speak to Deborah to discuss your requirements

I recently hired Niagara Police Club for my wife's 40th.

I needed a venue with a stage - I hired Swingamathing, a 30s/40s swing group - and a bar with an extension (ie, late license). I had to have their own catering but they were fine with everything else.

With the band, buffet and late bar it cost me £1,000.

Queens Social Club, Queens Road (S2)

Large private function room and you can provide your own buffet and DJ.

Drop them an email to queenssocial@hotmail.co.uk or ring - 07545 858840

I saw a sign outside the Hearty Oak at Dronfield the other day advertising a buffet for 50people for £69!

That should really appeal to the 2 for a tenner brigade. I think they've got a function room - not sure - but it's not a bad pub. Might be worth an enquiry?

Hi. We had our wedding reception at old rectory, handsworth. Reasonable price, room for disco, large dance area and bar included. X

Hi, Try the Nether Edge Club on Moncreiffe Rd,it has a lovely function room with bar and can also do catering to your requirements.Have a look on the website or give them a call on 0114 2550675.

Hillsborough club, licensed till 1am great function room and cheap booze

Sheffield Transport Sports Club at Meadowhead, big room, private bar and loads of free parking! DJ and catering options all available, call 0114 2373216 for more details!