Nigerian businessman invited to become a director at United?

Sounds iffy and we are Utd investment never pans out................I expect nothing out of this anything we get will be a bonus

He will be someone that does nothing takes a wage for a year and disappears.

He will be someone that does nothing takes a wage for a year and disappears.

No, it's not Ashley Ward :D

Appears to be a smokescreen along with the Ennis Stand stuff, as distraction while Quinny leaves. For that amount of money, you'd be thinking they'd want to take over the companies, not just be a director!

Plenty to talk about at the Lane tomorrow anyway!

Appears to be a smokescreen along with the Ennis Stand stuff, as distraction while Quinny leaves. For that amount of money, you'd be thinking they'd want to take over the companies, not just be a director!

Distraction for Quinn leaving? We have been expecting him to go for a while.

The Scarborough Development group are unbelievable large scale mate, they are a worldwide enterprise, made mass amounts of money in China and surrounding areas post Tsunami so the reports on the net say.

I think it was more a case of McCabe didn't want to continue bank rolling United but has been forced to keep us ticking along. Not sure of ins and outs but overall a large investment would be required to become a director of all three PLC's.

Being a hard done to Blade and again going back to the many false dawns of investment both here and down the road in S6, i would be much more happier had the announcement been made in 6 month time as a "done" deal.

Again no matter how much football investment there is, are we all not tied up, with league income/spending budgets now?

Distraction for Quinn leaving? We have been expecting him to go for a while.

I think some were hoping, as we'd got to TDD, that maybe he wouldn't go after all, at least until next year... so it's been buried under the other stories a little. Now, just to see if they can get shut of Monty and his wages...!

On a United-related note, last season's loan flop Michael O'Halloran has joined Carlisle on a month's loan... no doubt he'll suddenly bag a hatful of goals now...

NO I think you Blades have got confused, what happened is that Mccabe got an email from a Nigerian saying that he needed to get some money out of the country and in return he would get a cut of the money. All Mccabe needed to do was supply his bank account details.

I think some were hoping, as we'd got to TDD, that maybe he wouldn't go after all, at least until next year... so it's been buried under the other stories a little. Now, just to see if they can get shut of Monty and his wages...!

On a United-related note, last season's loan flop Michael O'Halloran has joined Carlisle on a month's loan... no doubt he'll suddenly bag a hatful of goals now...

Oh yeah would of looked right good him leaving for nothing in 12 months time.

Breaking news on SUFC.CO.UK

Nigerian businessmen to invest 500 Million USD into Scarborough holdings and Sheffield United FC. A large percentage will go into Sheffield United Football Club to get us back to the highest level of english football at the nearest opportunity.

Ha Ha Significantly richer than Mandaric!

Wednesdays Bubble bursts!! This time next year! Come on United!

I hope it's true & not some some typical Nigerian businessman, who wants them to put 2m in his bank b4 he puts in theirs :D:)

As a Blade I'd prefer to wait and see; we've been here before.

Indeed, I wonder if McCabe received one of those misspelt emails that go something like

Dearly beloved,

I am rich businessman in Uganda with links to Ugandan president. I am hoping you will kindly accept my donation of $500,000,000 which my team of schoolkids - trying to be improve the english - has found belonging to you.

Kindly enter your preferred bank account into which the money can be duley despatcheded.

Yours with smiley face

Have Sheff Utd received this invitation via an email, and do they have to pay a million up front to unlock the Nigerian business man's money from a frozen account?

you beat me to it, Ousetunes and JFK, I have just logged in, and saw the title of the thread, and I immediately thought exactly that! lol

Oh yeah would of looked right good him leaving for nothing in 12 months time.

If he'd contributed to promotion this season, that would've been enough - could always have gone in January if needed. Has the transfer fee been reported yet?