What's it all about,Alfie.

Just been reading the, certain groups thread, and someone with the user name max has had the cheek to pull someone about making a complaint or having an opinion having only been on the forum a couple of months, how clichey, who do you think are! it does'nt matter if you have been on this forum 2mins or 2 years, I have seen people like you in my past, working for different companies, they don't speak to you or welcome you until you have been there for a while, horrible people, someone new in anything should be welcomed and encouraged not ignored, bullied or singled out. :rant:

You will come to understand, Sheffield Forum is a private entity and it's membership and content (user generated content) are totally at the mercy of the whims of the forum owners and puppets, ergo do not make the mistake of thinking this site is a tolerant place for well reasoned argument and opinion to be aired in this arena, it isn't. Certain topics are much more heavily regulated and censored than others. Read this quick before it is deleted.

Crikey, You could write a John LaCarre style novel based on some of misinformation statements

on here. All you have to do is:

1) decide Where the Circus, Section and Departments are

2) who are the Good / Bad / Double-agents

3) who are the Nice / Good and Excellent (bad) girls

4) who are the informants of misinformation (any from 2 or 3 of the above or others)

5) who is the enemy (could easily be any of 1 above)

The Title could be something like "Fifty Pulls of Alfie's Toothpaste Machine", then nobody would know what

it was about and everybody could speculate on both the title and narrative because the

narrative would also be meaningless.

Crikey, You could write a John LaCarre style novel based on some of misinformation statements

on here. All you have to do is:

1) decide Where the Circus, Section and Departments are

2) who are the Good / Bad / Double-agents

3) who are the Nice / Good and Excellent (bad) girls

4) who are the informants of misinformation (any from 2 or 3 of the above or others)

5) who is the enemy (could easily be any of 1 above)

The Title could be something like "Fifty Pulls of Alfie's Toothpaste Machine", then nobody would know what

it was about and everybody could speculate on both the title and narrative because the

narrative would also be meaningless.

Well it would be fun coming up with SF suspects to fill these roles, but it's hardly worth the effort if the post is to be removed anyway! :suspect:

....do not make the mistake of thinking this site is a tolerant place for well reasoned argument and opinion to be aired in this arena, it isn't. Certain topics are much more heavily regulated and censored than others.

This site is very tolerant given the amount of rubbish that gets posted. If it's short of well-reasoned arguments it's not because they've been deleted but because they haven't been posted.

It's inevitable that certain topics are more heavily regulated and censored than others because some are more legally sensitive than others and some people just want to ram their political opinions down others' throats and not contribute in any other way.

Mod Note

Just been reading the, certain groups thread, and someone with the user name max has had the cheek to pull someone about making a complaint or having an opinion having only been on the forum a couple of months, how clichey, who do you think are! it does'nt matter if you have been on this forum 2mins or 2 years, I have seen people like you in my past, working for different companies, they don't speak to you or welcome you until you have been there for a while, horrible people, someone new in anything should be welcomed and encouraged not ignored, bullied or singled out. :rant:

Oh dear. I'm sorry if I've upset anyone but if you've been around this forum as long as I then you'd realise that we have many returning users with new aliases, usually following a ban, who just cannot stay away. Unfortunately, they also cannot disguise their tone or style and are easily identified.

Sorry, I see what you mean now, I just thought you were pulling forum rank so to speak, Soz Max.:thumbsup:

As this seems to have been a misunderstanding and it has been cleared up, thread closed.