SWFC Scoreboard final Shhhhhhh..T

I've heard from a friend at Hillsborough that our glorious old scoreboard has now been removed to be replaced by a newer version.

Just gotta say that scoreboard is a part of Hillsborough history, it's seen every game and every player for the past 30 odd years, in fact it puts most fans to shame.

It's given us moments of tension, excitement and joy! we've all looked at it biting our nails in the 90th minute, we've all watched it with crossed fingers and baited breath, it has been there through promotions, relegations and managers & chairmans! That old-age piece of hi-tech electronic gadgetry was the height of technology in it's time, I for one am sad to see it go, but in the end, it needed to go, like all the best players, it finally bowed out to newer, younger, better.

So shall we be getting one of those massive ones they use down London which is like a massive TV screen.

You mean a little something like this maybe?

MASSIVE SCOREBOARD :hihi::hihi::hihi:

UTMO!!

yea that would do the trick, obviously we wouldn't be able to find one to match the clubs massiveness though:hihi: i'll be sad to see the old one go but we have to move with the times, nhopefully they can get the shhhhhhh on the new scoreboard:)

I've heard that if they can source a few spare bulbs they'll bring back the one that used to be at the back of the kop.

yea that would do the trick, obviously we wouldn't be able to find one to match the clubs massiveness though:hihi: i'll be sad to see the old one go but we have to move with the times, nhopefully they can get the shhhhhhh on the new scoreboard:)

We'll get the Shhhhhhhhh......T in 3D LOL! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Cant believe its been thirty years,must have been pretty high tec back then.

about time. take the poles out of the KOP and away end next :thumbsup:

I would knock leppings lane down,agree about kop though.

Casualties of a lack of engineering advances at the time, Hillsborough, Bramall Lane and a good few grounds few casualty to it.

Suspended Roofs I believe came along a little longer. Don't know to be precise but I imagine it would be a costly affair to re-support the roof using suspension wires or anything similar to remove the posts. Know exactly what you mean, been at the few away grounds and had posts obstructing parts of the pitch.

Casualties of a lack of engineering advances at the time, Hillsborough, Bramall Lane and a good few grounds few casualty to it.

Suspended Roofs I believe came along a little longer. Don't know to be precise but I imagine it would be a costly affair to re-support the roof using suspension wires or anything similar to remove the posts. Know exactly what you mean, been at the few away grounds and had posts obstructing parts of the pitch.

Not disagreeing and i know nowt about engineering,but how could the north stand be built many years earlier without posts.

Not disagreeing and i know nowt about engineering,but how could the north stand be built many years earlier without posts.

It would all be dependant on the budget for the job I guess Gazza, without trying to insult obviously as time has gone by Engineering advances come about and things get cheaper or more expensive. The you have to look at the actual dimensions and slopes of the stand itself etc. Don't claim to be an expert mate I just think the modern sort of stands come as standard these days, those older type like ours / your Kop are very past dated but were opted for at that time for whatever reason.

Just having an interesting read about your Kop, the roof was added in 1986 so maybe it was merely down to Size / Shape / Incline or maybe even the sheer cost of the structure as it says it was part funded by fans so who knows matey. Better examples of a pillow-less kop has to be at Anfield, Cracking stand that one.

Edited by bassett-boys