SWFC Scoreboard final Shhhhhhh..T

To be honest,i think we got the posts simply as it was the cheaper option.

Possibly mate who knows as I said if Wiki is right then the new roof was partly funded by Owls fans so it may be the case as Suspended roofs probably cost an arm and a leg in comparison.

i'd say it's probably right, i'm guessing posts would be a much cheaper option. i doubt the posts will be removed in our lifetime unless we achieve alot of success so we will no doubt have to put up with them. it would be interesting to know how much cheaper they could do what they were going to do if we got the world cup but not bother with the extra seating just removing the posts and doing the north stand up abit

When you think that Rotherham's decent but hardly massive stadium cost £20m to construct mate it shows how ridiculously expensive it would probably be to suspend the roof of the kop at Hillsborough, would probably have to replace part of it and add a new supporting structure on top and suspension cables etc. Wouldn't like to gamble but I can't imagine it would be cheap what so ever. Would look smart though, only have to look at Anfield for the best kop in England like I say.

When you think that Rotherham's decent but hardly massive stadium cost £20m to construct mate it shows how ridiculously expensive it would probably be to suspend the roof of the kop at Hillsborough, would probably have to replace part of it and add a new supporting structure on top and suspension cables etc. Wouldn't like to gamble but I can't imagine it would be cheap what so ever. Would look smart though, only have to look at Anfield for the best kop in England like I say.

true. mandaric isn't going to pay for a big ground improvement like that anyway. i'm guessing liverpools kop was built all at once. our kop has been added to 3 or 4 times to make it how it is now, i wouldn't of thought it would make it too easy to suspend the roof. tbh i wish i hadn't seen how our grounds could of looked in those videos, all a pipe dream now:(

It would all be dependant on the budget for the job I guess Gazza, without trying to insult obviously as time has gone by Engineering advances come about and things get cheaper or more expensive. The you have to look at the actual dimensions and slopes of the stand itself etc. Don't claim to be an expert mate I just think the modern sort of stands come as standard these days, those older type like ours / your Kop are very past dated but were opted for at that time for whatever reason.

Just having an interesting read about your Kop, the roof was added in 1986 so maybe it was merely down to Size / Shape / Incline or maybe even the sheer cost of the structure as it says it was part funded by fans so who knows matey. Better examples of a pillow-less kop has to be at Anfield, Cracking stand that one.

You may need pillows on your kop, we can stay awake on ours!

While Anfield is impressive the noisiest one I've ever heard was; the Holt End at Villa, sorry is there some significance in the shhhhhh bit, just a question.

Edited by Bypassblade

United usually going a goal behind was always announced with a Shhhhhhhh..... Before it do everyone went quiet, then cheered when it showed their score line.

You may need pillows on your kop, we can stay awake on ours!

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Do you have any links or pictures of the possible screens that will replace it?

United usually going a goal behind was always announced with a Shhhhhhhh..... Before it do everyone went quiet, then cheered when it showed their score line.

Ah cheers Contro, funny that at Lane it was always Sheffield Wednesday's ****** it up again

I believe the club have looked recently into removing all the posts from the Kop and upper/lower Leppings Lane and the cost was going to be in the region of £4m

We could get Jordan Rhodes left leg for that sort of money