Credit Card Cup 3rd Round - Billy Sharp V Owls

Have to disagree with you, we were all over them, we made a premier league team look very poor, even though we had half a team out (I know they rested players too), but we bossed the game, they ended up fouling us because they couldn't get the ball. Did you go to the game?

we were all over em, we did boss em

but that doesnt mean we made the premier league look poor

Rickie Lambert, Billy Sharp, Jay Rodriguez,, Guly Do Prado, got some real quality strikers Southampton, admired what I have seen of them on MOTD so far, think they will prove much more of a test than Fulham. Play some cracking attacking football.

Thought fulham were very impressive on MOTD against man utd,think they are a better team than southampton.

Look's like it,

P 2

Home

W 0

L 1

F 0

A 2

Away

W 0

L 1

F 2

A 3

But you need to defend.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Why let facts get in the way?

Watched season opener against Manchester City and thought Southampton were terrific. Showed no fear what so ever and went at City who are one of the best teams in the world, the truth is that in the end they were highly unlucky to lose. I think we can Class Manchester City's squad as a world apart from that of Sheffield Wednesday. Haven't seen Wigan game in full but saw highlights and again saw them looking very dangerous and lost to a couple of crackers. Saw enough against City to see what Southampton are capable of, not to mention last years performances and they have improved from that.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Why let facts get in the way?

Watched season opener against Manchester City and thought Southampton were terrific. Showed no fear what so ever and went at City who are one of the best teams in the world, the truth is that in the end they were highly unlucky to lose. I think we can Class Manchester City's squad as a world apart from that of Sheffield Wednesday. Haven't seen Wigan game in full but saw highlights and again saw them looking very dangerous and lost to a couple of crackers. Saw enough against City to see what Southampton are capable of, not to mention last years performances and they have improved from that.

WON 0

LOST 2

QUALITY

WON 0

LOST 2

QUALITY

Lost by one goal against last seasons Champions whilst scoring 2 goals and looking very impressive. Wigan game not so good but in both games have shown more than what they are capable of. Premiership is a complete different class to The Championship and Sheffield Wednesdays current squad for that matter. Great little team with a great deal of class.

Play like they did against Manchester City and you lot have a problem, they passed the ball around well and attacked well. Undone by class at the back and lost to an individual effort from Nasri but like I said last years champs they are world class.

So, by your rationale, we just scraped past Fulham and didn't deserve the win, if we hadn't been scoring it would show up our defence? thats your whole argument basically. Well, it's all 'if's' & 'buts' the truth is We have been scoring and playing very well, we didn't just scrape a win, we actually played very well and took the game to them, they had no idea what to do.

You beat Fulham with a very soft penalty (had it been given against you, most owls fans would've been going nuts). Thought Gordon Watson had re-signed at first... :hihi:

As you probably know, Fulham on the road are not a good side, for some reason they seem to goto pieces once they leave the protection of the M25... still a good win though, and by all accounts a much improved defensive performance.

Southampton away SHOULD be significantly harder though... obviously depending how seriously both teams take it with their team choices. Unlikely to see a big turnout from owls fans (the midweek distance for what may be a patchwork team, with bigger league games to come), and so far the owls have only had one serious away test, against an average Derby side, and nearly came unstuck there.

Maybe DJ will have special reasons for winning there though, wasn't it at Southampton when he was suspended and replaced by Hoddle, over his child abuse court case? Understandable that he would like to show them what they lost out on by getting rid of him...?

Southampton v Sheffield Wednesday

Come on Billy Sharp Lad!!!

Anyone brave enough to go down there on a school night? Remember doing Pompy midweek and getting back in the house at 3am which was a bit of a pain with being up at work for 7am. On a positive note should be another one for you Owls on Sky or something? Two newly promoted teams up against eachother in the cup, ex Blades player and fan ready to knock a hat trick past you!

There will be a few Hard core owls who make the trip to Southampton I remember a cold week night when I made the trip to Wrexham [associate members cup] to watch United there were only about a coach full of Blades there all Shreds mob and we had a right old sing song I also remember a midweek league cup game at Oxford.

I stayed in a hotel that night and came home the day after but it was still a long drag.

All respect goes to the owls who make the effort.

Edited by avatarx

Nice to have a blade so interested in Wednesday's cup glory, oh and an added dig that an ex-blade (thats all the interest they have in the cup) will knock a hat-trick past us.

How many of these blade's who are secretly Owls fans thought we'd get hammered by Fulham? :rolleyes: It's a rubbish tie for the Mighty Unbeaten Championship Owls, but I think we can beat these, we just need to carry on playing in the same vein as always and I'm sure DJ & the boys in blue n white will surprise afew more people.

UTMO!

Sorry Contro, but shows how starved of success you are, if you consider getting to the 3rd round of the cup GLORY :hihi:

What a load of crap you are clearly ooooozing with jealousy. Wednesday were by far the best team on the night and scraped nothing, but rather dominated with half of our second string playing against almost the same SQUAD that fulham played in their first 2 league games. We could have got a better draw next round but thats the way it is and we will make the most of it win, lose or draw. You don't appear to have a chip on your shoulder: more like a mountainous growth. We don't believe in conspiracy theories - whatever will be will be - no whingeing.

Can't disagree with your review of the match as I didn't see the game, but as Contro is so fond of facts I thought he would have at least pointed out the highlighted bit is just a LIE!

Fulham had 5 players starting who had started their league games and so did Wednesdy....now that we have the facts out of the way, I think it was a great result for Weds and nothing should take that away, as they say you can only play what's put in front of you.

Avatarx why do you sound so familiar? And appear when BB is disappears? Oh well, another of those SF mysteries I suppose.

Anyway, congratulations on going to a couple of away games and telling us all about your wonderful experiences of staying in hotel rooms. Abit cringeworthy but if you feel the need to let us know then that's your choice I suppose.

I agree totally with you on all respect to Owls who do go to Southampton though, it will be a long trek. Thankfully they won't be on here telling us which restroom in which hotel they used to try and gain a pathetic dig at the thousands who won't be able to make it.

Different gravy us Owls. :-)

Got to say kudos to ANY fan that makes a trip like that, especially midweek :)

Bypass, the glory is in the making mate. I'm surprised a blade doesn't think it's glory though, having been knocked out by Burton Albion in the 1st round I would have thought 2nd round would have been glory to you league oners!

Bypass, the glory is in the making mate. I'm surprised a blade doesn't think it's glory though, having been knocked out by Burton Albion in the 1st round I would have thought 2nd round would have been glory to you league oners!

Makes us better than Leicester tho, we took em to pens they got murdered 4-2 at home. In respect of glory check facts we do have quite a good record in both cups over last few years :)