Aldi tools guarantee.

Not exactly true, though.

Proof of Purchase is the requirement of the law and in most cases a copy of a relevant Card Statement will also do the job, as would proof of a Cashed Cheque.

Indeed - since there is no legal requirement to provide a receipt they cannot insist on you providing one. All you have to do is prove you bought it - card statements are more than sufficient.

Not exactly true, though.

Proof of Purchase is the requirement of the law and in most cases a copy of a relevant Card Statement will also do the job, as would proof of a Cashed Cheque.

Proof of purchase yes, but then again the store could argue that even though the statement showed a sum of lets say £29.95, they could argue that they have several items on sale in the store at that price, can you prove it was that particular item you bought that shows on the statement.

I have misplaced it but the point is even if I had not then the shop will not deal with the tool after 60 days .

I was under the impression that the point of sale was where you had to return faulty goods to.

The law requires them to deal with it under the sale of goods act, they are liable for all the products they sell and the manufacturer’s warranty is in addition to your statutory right which say the product should be of merchantable quality and last a reasonable length of time. Your contract was with Aldi and not the manufacturer; it would have been easier to force them to deal with it if you had the receipt.

If they still stock the item, just buy another and take the old one back, then you will have two good ones.

I had to return a pair of golf shoes to the Aldi-at the end of the Moor with no reciept--manageress got a bit uperty,so I wrote to there head office in West Bromwich-they ask me to return the item to the store with the letter and got a full refund.

There are lots of tools in Aldi.:)

You get what you pay for, you'd be better off buying a used quality tool off E bay.

Dafodil

I would hang in there for a bit longer. Give yourself a bit longer to locate that receipt because usually Aldi tools (power craft brand) are guaranteed for 3 years .

Although the Aldi (PDF) link below reiterates what you have explained about the 60 day rule, I tend to feel that if “push came to shove” in statutory law that the 60 day rule would fall apart.

Generally, it all depends on how much hassle (stress) you are willing to tolerate. ( In post No 17 above, Wagginfinger explained that he got what he wanted by going the “extra mile”, in other words take the stress back to them)

You may want to look here:

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/extra/contact.cfm?frmAlias=/contact/

http://www.aldiwarranty.co.uk/download/701847-GuaranteeLeaflet.pdf

AlDI tools are rubbish!

The whole flipping shop is rubbish, cheap tack. I prefer Harrods.:hihi: