2 kids max, £8k benefit cap - would you vote this? (other ideas too)

Would you vote for this?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for this?

• yes
    • no
    • not sure

So how many would actually vote for these policies if put forward by a political party?

Benefits cap

An absolute maximum of £8000 per annum if you choose not to work. If you want more money, then get a job.

Two children maximum paid for by the benefit system, one is an accident, if it happens again, OK - its another accident. If it happens again, then you need to think about condoms. Also, after baby number 3,the father needs to provide.

Housing - a maximum cap of £75 a week regardless of the circumstances. This would force down the cost of renting for those in work,as private landlords would not be able to ramp up rent costs, knowing the benefits will pick up the tab.

These would be implemented from Aprl 2013 - this would allow people who have taken advantage of the system to contunie to recieve payments (implementing it now would be inhumane to 1000s of children). It would give people enough warning as to what is in the pipeline.

Foregn aid

To be slashed to the minimum - this to be paid for by a 50p cut in a litre of petrol.

The money from foregn aid would be directed to our elderly who have paid into the system all their lives.

Also a cut in fuel duty would put additional cash into peoples pockets which would then be spent in the economy. The businesses would benefit from additional spending, who would then earn more money, who in turn would be paying additional tax - this would also offset the loss of revenue caused by the 50p a litre fuel duty cut. (the high petrol prices are self defeating)

The EU

An "in or out" referendum.

No fudging of the issue, the vote is given and is people say "we want out" we get out. If people vote to "stay in" then we pay into the pot of the EU and people have to stop moaning.

Vote "to get out" we get out, vote to stay in "we stay in". End of argument.

Quangos

If they serve no purpose, they get binned.

If they stifle business, they get binned.

anti-social behavior

If a tennant is being given free housing and they cause anti social behavior (noise etc...) they are given 2 warnings. On the 3rd offence, they are kicked out.

If given a free home, then a behavior contracts must be adhered to. If tennants wish not to do this, then the option is to get a job and pay for your own housing.

I'll think of other ideas, but what do you think of these, would you vote for them?

So how many would actually vote for these policies if put forward by a political party?

Benefits cap

An absolute maximum of £8000 per annum if you choose not to work. If you want more money, then get a job.

Two children maximum paid for by the benefit system, one is an accident, if it happens again, OK - its another accident. If it happens again, then you need to think about condoms. Also, after baby number 3,the father needs to provide.

Housing - a maximum cap of £75 a week regardless of the circumstances. This would force down the cost of renting for those in work,as private landlords would not be able to ramp up rent costs, knowing the benefits will pick up the tab.

These would be implemented from Aprl 2013 - this would allow people who have taken advantage of the system to contunie to recieve payments (implementing it now would be inhumane to 1000s of children). It would give people enough warning as to what is in the pipeline.

Foregn aid

To be slashed to the minimum - this to be paid for by a 50p cut in a litre of petrol.

The money from foregn aid would be directed to our elderly who have paid into the system all their lives.

Also a cut in fuel duty would put additional cash into peoples pockets which would then be spent in the economy. The businesses would benefit from additional spending, who would then earn more money, who in turn would be paying additional tax - this would also offset the loss of revenue caused by the 50p a litre fuel duty cut. (the high petrol prices are self defeating)

The EU

No fudging of the issue, the vote is given and is people say "we want out" we get out. If people vote to "stay in" then we pay into the pot of the EU and people have to stop moaning.

Quangos

anti-social behavior

If a tennant is being given free housing and they cause anti social behavior (noise etc...) they are given 2 warnings. On the 3rd offence, they are kicked out.

If given a free home, then a behavior contracts must be adhered to. If tennants wish not to do this, then the option is to get a job and pay for your own housing.

I'll think of other ideas, but what do you think of these, would you vote for them?

I'd like to explore the potential consequences of your manifesto before becoming too excited by it-for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction.

Calling kids "an accident" is enough for me to vote no, what about people who have worked all their lives had three kids and been plunged into the poverty trap by redundancy etc?

Fabulous pie in the sky idea, but how about situations like where a family have planned children and two incomes and then one parent dies? There are more than two children and they could afford their children, but once their father (for instance) dies, is the state really going to sit on their hands and let the children starve while the mother tries to take care of them?

This actually happened to a friend BTW. Aged 26 and with 3 pre-school children, her husband complained of a headache one morning before leaving for work and died of meningitis at lunchtime, leaving her with a very large mortgage, 3 children and no job.

Do the children really have to be thrown into poverty in those situations? Personally I think that would be cruel in the extreme and completely against the whole concept of the welfare state.

Very few people would vote for them as no political party would put them forward apart from some far right nutjobs like the English Democrats. None of the 3 mainstream parties would put them forward, and nor would any of the others who might gain seats (SNP, Plaid Cymru, Greens, Sinn Fein and Unionists).

You'll think of other ideas? Do you mean you'll cut and paste something from the Mail or Telegraph websites?

Benefits cap

Foregn aid

The EU

Quangos

anti-social behavior

You'd get my vote. :clap:

Benefits cap

Foregn aid

The EU

Quangos

anti-social behavior

Yes this manifesto would get my vote,shame there isnt a party that will do it.:(

<snip>

Here's some if your struggling:...

Return of the death penalty

Remove all foreigners

Women should stay at home freeing up jobs

The promotion of Christian values.

Yes this manifesto would get my vote,shame there isnt a party that will do it.:(

If there was would it get into power?

£75 a week for a house big enough for a two children family. Hmmm I think you are having your self on.

Hit the greedy landlords that take half the wages as rent (in many cases). Lower the price of rent and then you can lower the amount of benefit aid given to those that need it.

The greed and stupidity of people in this country don't even suprise me any more.

If there was would it get into power?

I think it would become a major player,anything is possible,if only.

I agree with all bar the EU and foreign aid because:

1. The EU, most people are thick and ignorant and prey to the tabloid press. In the modern globalised world we need to be part of the second biggest economic bloc and I believe Europe is the cradle of modern civilisation. I also believe in working with the Germans because no matter what happens, they always come out on top due to hard work and sensibility e.g. massive powerful unions but they don't break governments, they work with them so everybody is happy.

2. The richest nations in the world should give out foreign aid. Yes we have our poor but with a choice of financing African kids who are desperate to learn or giving money to Wayne and Trey who think school is "borin innit?" and their tracksuit wearing fat parents there's no contest.

To all the hair tearers on here, I'd just like to point out that if there were a referendum the people would vote that people on majority/total benefits shouldn't get any child benefit/benefit for one kid so this proposal is generous. You can't see that? You don't live in reality.