The Jessica Ennis Stand

What does Alan Hodgekinson get then a bottle a champagne and a handshake?

Even TC hasn't got a stand named after him!

......or the late great Joe Shaw, 685 league and cup appearances for United. Counts for nowt today.

......or the late great Joe Shaw, 685 league and cup appearances for United. Counts for nowt today.

Well he got a statue at the ground Jim, can't sniff at that.

Well he got a statue at the ground Jim, can't sniff at that.

Fair do's Grappler, wasn't aware of that.

Fair do's Grappler, wasn't aware of that.

No worries Jim :)

What is mcabe thinking?I just hope The Owls can fend off the inevitable naming of the ground and stands for as long as possible.Jess has done great and i'm sure the whole of the city is very proud of her but come on,this is stupid.

Jess Ennis has done so well this year, and being from the same city should make us all proud of her.

I really can't see the logic behind naming a stand after her though.

Surely there are more deserving people that are actually connected to the club? (and don't give me all that talk about her fella being a Blade etc, what happens if she dumps him?)

Tony Currie, Alan Woodward, Len Badger, Brian Deane, Mel Rees...

Looked like they'd sellotaped a banner across the top of the stand to be honest, or had an express job from Staples...

Can't she just have a brick like the rest of us.

As soon as a new betting sponsor rocks up it will get changed.

Jess Ennis has done so well this year, and being from the same city should make us all proud of her.

So we inhabit the same bit of mud, I don't get why we should be proud of her.

The people who should be proud of her are her family/friends or coaches that have helped her achieve the summit of her chosen sport.

I applaud her but it's a bit desperate trying to associate myself with someones glory based on what's under my feet.

So we inhabit the same bit of mud, I don't get why we should be proud of her.

The people who should be proud of her are her family/friends or coaches that have helped her achieve the summit of her chosen sport.

I applaud her but it's a bit desperate trying to associate myself with someones glory based on what's under my feet.

You could extend that out as far as England and GB then too? - why bother being proud of Hoy, Kenny, Redgrave, Coe, etc just because they come from this same bit of national mud, why even bother with sport at all... 1966 - just some random people kicking a ball around that happen to be English...why bother associating with a football team that just happens to be based in S6 (though that's a mystery anyway :hihi:)