The Jessica Ennis Stand

Has there actually been any talk of SUFC naming a stand after her.

I could understand the possibility of naming a stand after her at Don Valley but Bramall Lane, I'm not sure that makes much sence at all.

Rather than putting her name on a stand..I think the Blades should put her name on the team sheet..I'm sure she'd be very good at running with a ball at her feet.

They need all the help they can get at the moment.

Strikes a little bit of trying to get publicity on the back of a Sheffield lass who just made good.

"The Jess Ennis I don't really like football, but my boyfriend is a blade stand" doesn't really have a ring to it, does it?

When did she ever say she did not like football?

She didn't.............

She's a sportswoman with no direct connection to SUFC (other than perhaps that of being a supporter).

It's as crazy an idea as renaming Don Valley Stadium The Tony Currie Stadium, et cetera.

Edited by Ousetunes

I could understand the possibility of naming a stand after her at Don Valley but Bramall Lane, I'm not sure that makes much sence at all.

See post number 5

Not that I know of, but no doubt it is linked to some sort of consipary theory involving science and religion, which is why Adam is investigatiing! :hihi:

A football stand should only be named after someone who has achieved great things in football!this is the Blades clearly jumping on the band wagon.

A football stand should only be named after someone who has achieved great things in football!this is the Blades clearly jumping on the band wagon.

More likely another pointless thread from an owl.

Can someone post where the Blades have said this? I am struggling to find it anywhere/

It all started from a tweet from alan biggs,which has now been deleated.Dont think for a second there was any truth in it,and suprised anybody would think there was.

It all started from a tweet from alan biggs,which has now been deleated.Dont think for a second there was any truth in it,and suprised anybody would think there was.

Cheers Gazza, common sense from you as always mate.

And the point of this thread is?????