The Jessica Ennis Stand

Maybe they should rename the station in her honour?

A clever play with wording here Frankie. How long were you working on this one?:|

A typo. Apologies.

That would assume that we actually still owe some money to our bank

Your plan was to be external debt free by x many years, x many years ago. Before relegation and residence in League 1. Can't see you clearing any bank debts currently, can you?

Edited by F. Sidebottom

I take it then you would be happy for SWFC to bank any PL handouts.

ALL clubs would be happy with 'handouts' from wherever they come. Whether it's from their bank, creditors, or parachute payments.

Criticising Wednesday for what united would do, and have done, is deluded.

Back on topic

I think the main reason for the naming as I have said earlier on this thread she is not just from Sheffield she is from Highfields she grew up almost in the shadow of the stand named after her and her junior school which a great number of us will walk past on our way to the game is less than 800 yards away from the ground. I would be amazed if you can find anybody who actually comes from the local community that our club sees itself as being a major part of has achieved what she has. The sharrow community hall is even based in the ground.

The club is a great supporter of the local community from which Jess like Kyle Walker are products of.

http://www.sufc-community.com/ui/content/content.aspx?ID=70

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Unites,_Racism_Divides

Back on topic

I think the main reason for the naming as I have said earlier on this thread she is not just from Sheffield she is from Highfields she grew up almost in the shadow of the stand named after her and her junior school which a great number of us will walk past on our way to the game is less than 800 yards away from the ground. I would be amazed if you can find anybody who actually comes from the local community that our club sees itself as being a major part of has achieved what she has. The sharrow community hall is even based in the ground.

The club is a great supporter of the local community from which Jess like Kyle Walker are products of.

http://www.sufc-community.com/ui/content/content.aspx?ID=70

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Unites,_Racism_Divides

That information I did not know and has now slightly changed my opinion on this. I see it seems slightly justifiable now.

Still think it won't last long though til someone like Betfair decide they want to sponsor it.

It would have been better if a stand at Don Valley was named after Jess.

I would say the whole stadium should be named after her, but who knows, in the not too distant future, 3 or 4 other Sheffield athletes, (maybe even a Wednesday fan) could also do very well in the Olympics, and could also warrant something naming in their honour.

Jess, or any Blade, shouldn't be taking stick for the clubs decision, but I reckon Sheffield Council should be ashamed that they didn't honour her immediately, at our very own athletics stadium.

I reckon it's not too late, and a quick few words between Sheffield Council, United, and Jess, could right this obvious 'oversight' by the Council.

Will she (or has she already got) a star on the pavement outside the Town Hall?

If not, she should have ................. TODAY.

It would have been better if a stand at Don Valley was named after Jess.

I would say the whole stadium should be named after her, but who knows, in the not too distant future, 3 or 4 other Sheffield athletes, (maybe even a Wednesday fan) could also do very well in the Olympics, and could also warrant something naming in their honour.

Jess, or any Blade, shouldn't be taking stick for the clubs decision, but I reckon Sheffield Council should be ashamed that they didn't honour her immediately, at our very own athletics stadium.

I reckon it's not too late, and a quick few words between Sheffield Council, United, and Jess, could right this obvious 'oversight' by the Council.

Will she (or has she already got) a star on the pavement outside the Town Hall?

If not, she should have ................. TODAY.

Looks like she already has

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/the-northerner/2012/aug/17/sheffield-jessica-ennis

Plus yesterday received the freedom of the city.

I also agree the renaming of the Don Valley Stadium would have been a good idea from SIV if they had done this

The future of the don valley stadium isnt guaranteed past this year which is probably why jess hasn't been honoured there if current rumours are to be believed. Which is a shame really

The future of the don valley stadium isnt guaranteed past this year which is probably why jess hasn't been honoured there if current rumours are to be believed. Which is a shame really

Somebody mentioned that this came up on the Toby Fister show recently as there were significant cuts that needed to be made. Surely this will not enhance our City of Sport status

Bottom line is, SUFC tried to jump on the bandwaggon.

Jess Ennis naively allowed this.

Everyone knows exactly why McCabe has done this, and it just looks tacky and ads to the "tevez affair", "fairness in football", "sue people because we have the hump", "everybody hates us" mentality.

Comedy club!!!