The Jessica Ennis Stand

I think you're referring to the name "Kop", which I think you'll find is a name given to practically if not all, home teams areas for their fans. That is apart from Charlton where you lot meet in the "phone box" :D

Nice one ;):hihi:

Should SUFC ever meet with their bank and the bank suggest writing off some of their debts, what are your views on accepting that offer?

Frank that could happen one day who knows, but at the moment its just conjecture. People like football clubs borrow more than they can afford & they enter is it a CVA, to pay off creditors football clubs are no different.

We've been skint before, but we've NEVER relied on the local rag doing a campaign to get us money, or begged off our creditors, so lets just see what happens, BTW the 2 things mentioned are facts; as you've done both of them.

Should SUFC ever meet with their bank and the bank suggest writing off some of their debts, what are your views on accepting that offer?

This is a very good and moot point.

Considering the state of SUFC's finances there's a few on here banging on about 'how honourable clubs pay their way', but what happens when they have no other option but to go into admin and agree to pay their creditors 1 penny in the £?

They'll be a lot of egg on faces!

And don't think it can't/won't happen...Look at Glasgow Rangers!

I think you're referring to the name "Kop", which I think you'll find is a name given to practically if not all, home teams areas for their fans. That is apart from Charlton where you lot meet in the "phone box" :D

With Sheffield United wanting to rename a stand why not rename the whole ground after this place:

https://foursquare.com/v/moon-stadium/4c6b0be1599fbe9ac1de913f

Which is appropriate for a ground with no atmosphere :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Frank that could happen one day who knows, but at the moment its just conjecture. People like football clubs borrow more than they can afford & they enter is it a CVA, to pay off creditors football clubs are no different.

We've been skint before, but we've NEVER relied on the local rag doing a campaign to get us money, or begged off our creditors, so lets just see what happens, BTW the 2 things mentioned are facts; as you've done both of them.

That may be the case, we may have done those things.

But if we'd had parachute payments of £32m like united did, we wouldn't have needed to.

You received handouts from the Premier League. We didn't. We resorted to balancing our books the only way possible to us, you had it done for you with parachute payments (and by all accounts you've made a mess of it, and may end up begging of creditors yet, and certainly won't pay back McCabe what he's invested in you).

There's no justification for the likes of Ladybirds being on his high horse about how shameful us Owls should all feel; united have received more handouts than us, and should feel as much shame as us, if not more.

But if we'd had parachute payments of £32m like united did, we wouldn't have needed to.

You received handouts from the Premier League. We didn't. We resorted to balancing our books the only way possible to us, you had it done for you with parachute payments (and by all accounts you've made a mess of it, and may end up begging of creditors yet, and certainly won't pay back McCabe what he's invested in you).

There's no justification for the likes of Ladybirds being on his high horse about how shameful us Owls should all feel; united have received more handouts than us, and should feel as much shame as us, if not more.

95 % of clubs go about their business in a honourable manner, signing and honouring contracts and agreements.

You say " we resorted to balancing the books the only way possible to us" !!

Other clubs balance their books , by living within their means, selling assets or players, and not spending what they cant afford, then welching on their commitments.

Parachute payments are part of the leagues structure, legal , law abiding and known to all partys , including you Owls who suddenly feel its a payment only United have benifited from !!

This thread has gone so far off topic. BUT TO RETURN to the topic, Jessica would not be my choice, but the owner is free to pay tribute as he feels fit.

He could name each stand after different divisions of his business empire if he wished, the bitterness shown to United is uncalled for , may be the question should not be why have United done this, rather than.. why did the council not act promptly and pay such a tribute down the Don Valley.!

Frank, you seem to be bleating on about parachute payments, perhaps if you didn't have a crap team you'd have got into prem; gone down, and got them. Don't go blaming us for you lot being a tuppence halfpenny side with very bitter supporters like yourself.

Frank, you seem to be bleating on about parachute payments, perhaps if you didn't have a crap team you'd have got into prem; gone down, and got them. Don't go blaming us for you lot being a tuppence halfpenny side with very bitter supporters like yourself.

Frankie says 90% of his posts are on the Owls !! yet he has brought me "ladybirds" in to more posts than his beloved Owls !! should i be worried he is just as obsessed with me than he is of the mighty Blades?

:hihi:

Lafdybirds

A clever play with wording here Frankie. How long were you working on this one?:|

With Sheffield United wanting to rename a stand why not rename the whole ground after this place:

https://foursquare.com/v/moon-stadium/4c6b0be1599fbe9ac1de913f

Which is appropriate for a ground with no atmosphere :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Having been to the valley on a number of occasions to see the Blades I would say that is a bit rich coming from a Charlton fan in fact other than the noise generated by our 3000 followings the only other loud noises I have heard there was generated by The Who back in 1976.

I also remember going in the old Derek Hale days when there was a pitifull attendance on the big overgrown terraces which reminded me of the old photo in the Green in when there was 9 People on the Co op end at Barnsley all circled

That would assume that we actually still owe some money to our bank